MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: custom number of threads on "landig page" under each forum - post icon not shown
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello everyone,

This might be one of the easy questions to answer for all experienced users out there Rolleyes 
(or at least hopefully)

On the attached image, I tried to show the current structure of my test forum,
and also the way I would love to have it look like.

To sum it up in a few words without looking at the picture, I don't just want the main
category and the following forums to be displayed - but a custom number of the latest
threads directly under each forum. The number of threads does not really matter -
but 2 up to 4 would be the perfect number.

Also, like shown on the other picture I attached, I cannot see the post icon in
my "main view" right now.
Is this due to some messed up database or cache issue (I did not change any post icons) -
or is this normal because it's on the right side of the page, not in a listing you get after opening
the forum.

thanks for your patience and wisdom, silenzioso
what's your forum url ?
(2022-06-14, 12:28 PM)silenzioso Wrote: [ -> ]Also, like shown on the other picture I attached, I cannot see the post icon in
my "main view" right now.

To show post icons and thread prefixes on index you'll need a plugin. https://community.mybb.com/mods.php?action=view&pid=749
(2022-06-14, 01:59 PM)PARADOXP Wrote: [ -> ]what's your forum url ?

it's in a sandbox system right now, some kind of intranet system.

(2022-06-14, 09:22 PM)Taylor M Wrote: [ -> ]To show post icons and thread prefixes on index you'll need a plugin. https://community.mybb.com/mods.php?action=view&pid=749

Thanks a lot - what a cool plugin. Heart

But what I wanted was the POST Icons to be shown - not the avatars.

I want to use multiple forums and even inside them - the post icon will show the subject more clear than the title. So it would be awesome to see the "subject" of the last post just by the icon without having to guess by reading the title.
(2022-06-16, 03:29 PM)silenzioso Wrote: [ -> ]But what I wanted was the POST Icons to be shown - not the avatars.
The avatars you're seeing in the screenshots is a completely different plugin the plugin author happens to be using.

Please read this plugin's information this will ONLY show icons and thread prefixes on the index:
Quote:Allows you to show thread icons or/and thread prefixes on index page