MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Getting 403 Forbidden error
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Just installed the latest version of MyBB, on a fresh host. And I am trying to add a custom profile field in the admincp and when I preceed to do so it promps me an error like so:

You don't have permission to access this resource.
Additionally, a 403 Forbidden error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

I have enabled the .htaccess file by removing the .txt and still I am getting this error on a fresh install of MyBB. And had no luck looking around the community forums for a fix.

Hopefully someone on here might know the cause of this, and can provide me with a fix. Thank you.

Kind regards.

Edit: It only happens for this adminCP feature not anything else.
Does it depend on submitted text?

You may need to contact your host to have mod_security, or similar features, disabled for your site (https://docs.mybb.com/1.8/faq/errors/#403-forbidden).
(2022-06-17, 02:46 PM)Devilshakerz Wrote: [ -> ]Does it depend on submitted text?

You may need to contact your host to have mod_security, or similar features, disabled for your site (https://docs.mybb.com/1.8/faq/errors/#403-forbidden).

I have a reseller web hosting meaning I have access to cpanel and the WHM. What can I do?
Depending upon who you're website host is you may or may not have access to do this yourself.

In your cPanel look for Mod Security, from this area you should be able to disable it. If you cannot you will need to contact your host and have them disable it.

Quote:mod_security is an Apache extension that is used for security. In MyBB 1.4, mod_security treats the way the URLs are set out in the ACP as a security threat, so it will deny you access.

You should contact your host provider and ask them to whitelist your domain or hosting account against mod_security - basically so that it doesn’t affect you anymore.
(2022-06-17, 02:00 PM)gudencsgo Wrote: [ -> ]Just installed the latest version of MyBB, on a fresh host. And I am trying to add a custom profile field in the admincp and when I preceed to do so it promps me an error like so:

You don't have permission to access this resource.
Additionally, a 403 Forbidden error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

I have enabled the .htaccess file by removing the .txt and still I am getting this error on a fresh install of MyBB. And had no luck looking around the community forums for a fix.

Hopefully someone on here might know the cause of this, and can provide me with a fix. Thank you.

Kind regards.

Edit: It only happens for this adminCP feature not anything else.
Hello. How did you solve the problem? It gives me 403 forbidden error.

(2022-06-17, 03:12 PM)gudencsgo Wrote: [ -> ]
(2022-06-17, 02:46 PM)Devilshakerz Wrote: [ -> ]Does it depend on submitted text?

I have a reseller web hosting meaning I have access to cpanel and the WHM. What can I do?
You need to contact your host to resolve the issue.