MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Notification by email on pm was not work anymore
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello community!
for some time now, no email notifications are sent for new PM's. Since we haven't changed anything in the config in the ACP, I went searching and found the following in "System Email Log" in the ACP.
The error message for all users who got a PM and wanted to be notified by email:

The SMTP server rejected the supplied SMTP password. Reason: 535-5.7.8 Username and Password not accepted. Learn more at 535 5.7.8 https://support.google.com/mail/?p=BadCredentials ze11-20020a170906ef8b00b006fed3fdf421sm1867090ejb.139 - gsmtp

ACP Configuration:
[Image: ulxsrt.jpg]

Who can help? Crazycat, maybe you have time?

THX in advance for your help!
Hi blongso, makes a long time Wink
I'll have a look on it tomorrow, probably a google security inforcement
(2022-06-19, 09:56 PM)Crazycat Wrote: [ -> ]Hi blongso, makes a long time Wink
I'll have a look on it tomorrow, probably a google security inforcement

Google messing with security is my guess too - based on that error.  Google drives me crazy sometimes.  Have for many years - lol.

@Crazycat an excellent choice to debug. Smile
Well, trying to play with gmail settings, awful.
To use their smtp, you need a workspace account which let you add a less secure application. And workspace is not free.

Bad news for you blongso, I know. Peharps should you use php mail method, but some of your mails could fall in junk or spam box because providers enhance their protections and you'll have to play with dns records and certificates to secure your mails.
Or find an alternate free smtp server.
Big THX Crazycat!
Can you recommend free smtp server?
I don't use smtp servers, but you can probably try https://sendpulse.com/fr/features/smtp which is free when sending less than 12.000 mails a month
I solved the same issue last week by turning on gmail 2 step verification & generated app password. you should paste generated app password in above setting.

following video may be helpful to you

Best Regards,
@wamp,
Your tip was worth its weight in gold!!! I was also able to solve my problem. Many, many thanks!!!!!!
nice, pin this solution Smile