MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Im trying for smtp but: Unable to connect to the mail server
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I am trying to send a mail but PHPmailer don't work? and smtp server says Unable to connect to the mail server with the given details. Reason: 0:
So what do I wrong? Normally I can fix this but I think its a issue in MyBB System
This is my own host i am the owner of de hosting

Okay.. This is the system that not working I'm have tried on a other different hosting and its not working to can anyone help me?
It's not a MyBB issue, it will either be incorrect details or something on the server preventing the mail from being sent.

Check the SMTP details here, do they show as accepted? https://www.gmass.co/smtp-test
(2022-06-23, 10:52 AM)Matt Wrote: [ -> ]It's not a MyBB issue, it will either be incorrect details or something on the server preventing the mail from being sent.

Check the SMTP details here, do they show as accepted? https://www.gmass.co/smtp-test

I have tested with that before but its the same issue. There it works well but not in MyBB
Since I download the newest version I cant setup SMTP en PHP mailer anymore.

I have tried a lot because normally I manage to set up an smtp but now it just doesn't work so it could be the system because I have my own hosting (cyber panel) and I tried it with directadmin with the same version MyBB and it just doesn't work no matter what I do
This is your hosting service provider issue, this issue is not related to MyBB.

Best regards,
(2022-06-24, 03:24 PM)wamp Wrote: [ -> ]This is your hosting service provider issue, this issue is not related to MyBB.

Best regards,

Pls, man, read my topic before you type this topic
Still not fixed.

(2022-06-23, 11:48 AM)oburoni Wrote: [ -> ]
(2022-06-23, 10:52 AM)Matt Wrote: [ -> ]It's not a MyBB issue, it will either be incorrect details or something on the server preventing the mail from being sent.

I have tested with that before but its the same issue. There it works well but not in MyBB
Since I download the newest version I cant setup SMTP en PHP mailer anymore.

I have tried a lot because normally I manage to set up an smtp but now it just doesn't work so it could be the system because I have my own hosting (cyber panel) and I tried it with directadmin with the same version MyBB and it just doesn't work no matter what I do

Anyone???
Can you ask your host to test SMTP works from the server? I'm not really sure what else to suggest here, the SMTP functionality hasn't changed and doesn't seem to be an issue for anyone else, so it points to an issue with the server. What SMTP service are you using?
(2022-06-26, 05:52 PM)Matt Wrote: [ -> ]Can you ask your host to test SMTP works from the server? I'm not really sure what else to suggest here, the SMTP functionality hasn't changed and doesn't seem to be an issue for anyone else, so it points to an issue with the server. What SMTP service are you using?

"I have my own hosting (cyber panel) and I tried it with directadmin with the same version MyBB and it just doesn't work no matter what I do"

I have tried with the same smtp details for WHMCS and its connected
Can you PM me the details you're using and I'll see if they work for me? Unless you have a modified version of MyBB or plugins that change how the mail is sent, I can't see how only MyBB would have an issue.
Is there any solution to this yet?

I have exactly the same problem as @oburoni. Testing on this site: https://www.gmass.co/smtp-test works fine, but not on Mybb.
I keep getting this error: Unable to connect to the mail server with the given details. Reason: 111: Connection refused
Email service is Zoho (paid) btw.

The SMTP credentials data are definitely correct, but the mail isn't working.

Any idea?
I'm still having the same problem both with SMTP and PHP mail function. Currently our MyBB can't send any mail, password resets don't work, etc.

Is there any solution to that?
Pages: 1 2