MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Is this possible?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hi, just wanted to know if this was possible?

a few things that turn me away from myBB (they are small but they bother me cuz i'm used to other systems that work like this)

On the index page where it says the name of your forums

Eg: MyBB Community Forums, if you are on the index page of the forums, can you consistantly make "MyBB Community Forums" a link back to the index? instead of just when viewing a page that isn't the index? basically, constantly make the forum name text a link.

Also in the admin panel where it says View Your forum" can you make it open up a new page of the forum instead of a frame? thats very annoying and sloppy looking.

and lastly: after posting it gives you a new screen saying "Your post has been submitted blah blah blah" Can that be removed and your automatically re-directed to your post? that screen is an annoyance and isn't needed.
Second:

Open ./admin/index.php

Find
	echo "<div id=\"header-links\">\n<a href=\"index.php?".SID."&amp;action=home\" target=\"body\">".$lang->cp_home."</a>\n<a href=\"../index.php\" target=\"body\">".$lang->view_forums."</a>\n<a href=\"index.php?".SID."&amp;action=logout\" target=\"_parent\">".$lang->logout_cp."</a>\n</div>\n";

And change the target ( _blank ) of the second link ( view forums )

Third:

ACP - Board Settings - Change - Server and Optimization Options - Friendly Redirection Pages ( OFF )
What about the first thing? is that possible?
ToxicZero Wrote:What about the first thing? is that possible?

Probably.
Would you know how thats done? Smile

I tried looking around and couldn't find anything on it.

I'd really like that though.
Easily, just by changing the templates.

All you have to do is make any instance of bbname a link to "/index.php"
ToxicZero Wrote:Would you know how thats done? Smile

I tried looking around and couldn't find anything on it.

I'd really like that though.

No, i don't know. I always click on the logo if i want to refresh the index page.
quacktacular Wrote:Easily, just by changing the templates.

All you have to do is make any instance of bbname a link to "/index.php"
Thanks i tried that but can't seem to find where it would be edited....can you find the exact code thats used?
Can you please post a few examples of places where "MyBB Community Forums" wouldn't link to the index?
I'll take a snapshot of what i mean Smile
Pages: 1 2