MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Color Change CSS, help me find the right spots
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey there everyone!

I just set up a sandbox version of MyBB as close to the one I use internally (meaning in an intranet system) - so that anyone willing to help can see him or herself.
So I checked most things within the last weeks - thanks to the help of you wonderful people out there - and also because I, as a non developer, tried to look everywhere, every setting, every piece of source code and so on.
Now, only a few things are left to do for me:
1. I need to know how to change the two different let's call them shades of grey:
grey sample a and grey sample b on the attached screenshot
2. I would also love to find out where I find the correct value for the white color sections used in a) the "Forum" section and b) the "My Board" section

[attachment=45243]

I've looked all through the XML of the theme, tried to change everything, tried to adapt - and most things work. But the two described Points, they will keep me busy.
I just cannot find where to edit them, or change the values.
The theme even has a bg-body.png file which has the exact color of one grey that I was looking for. But even if I change that png file to another color -
the header are won't change and the grey there stays the same.
I am still kind of new to that MyBB scenery, but try hard to learn everything.
Does anyone of you have a clue, or can even tell me what could the clue to solve it.

Here are the credentials for the sandbox MyBB installation:
Admin Panel
User: mybbuser
Password: H8@&nP#1SlEln

Simplicity Responsive Theme by Rooloo

Thanks for spending your free time helping others. ❤️
MyBB is a great software application for you to learn how to code. What better way to learn by having a website. I recommend you use your developer settings built into the web browser and highlight the code you are targeting. It will select and show you the html and css portion of it. You can then target and tweak it in your settings without changing the hard code to your liking.

I will check your code out. But, i recommend doing what I provided so you can get familiar.

there is only word word for it: awesome,  followed by a big big thank you. Heart Heart Heart

the video even helped me understand MyBB much better.
It's so sad that there isn't any video walkthrough the whole MyBB "technical structure"

also good to know that Edge seems to be a good working tool now Smile