MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Notification E-Mail for new Posts / PMs not working
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hi,

for some unknown reasons my users don't receive the e-mail notifications about new posts any more.
Generally e-mail is working. I get notified about new registrations, users get e-mails after registration and also the feature to directly send an e-mail to a user works. So the SMTP connectio is not the issue.

Just the notifications about new posts and about PMs is not working.
I've tested it several times, I made certain that the user really subscribed to the thread.

I'm using version 1.8.30 and have the following plugins active:
* Google SEO (1.8.4)
* Cookie Law (1.0.0)
* MyAlerts (2.0.4)
* Template Conditionals (1.8)

I don't see any errors in the "System E-Mail Log Files" nor the "User E-Mail Log Files".
Any idea, where I could look? Any help is appreciated.
Have they visited the forum recently? You only get a notification for the first PM or reply to a subscribed thread until you visit the forum again.
Hi Matt,
thanks for the quick answer.
Yes, I just tested it with creating a fully new thread with one user, then I logged out and logged in with a different user and added a post. The first user (even though he subscribed) didn't receive an e-mail notification about the new post.
What's your URL?
Can you go to ACP > Tools & Maintenance > Task Manager, do you have one called Send Mail Queue here? Can you run this if you do?
yes, I just run it and now I received notifications.
It was set to "Sends the mail queue every minute." by the way.

Oh, maybe the problem is connected to the issue that the forum statistics are not updated. When I activate a new user, it's not shown. I have to manually run the "renew statistics" via tools-recount_rebuild.
If none of your tasks are working I found a similar issue thread: https://community.mybb.com/post-840402.html

The user ended up deleting and then re-adding all the tasks and it fixed the issue.
Thanks for looking into this.

I tried deleting all tasks and just re-created the mail task. It still does not run.

However, I found something that might lead in the right direction. While in the dashboard I see that the next run is scheduled for 28-06-2022, 05:41 PM, in the database it says 1656438060.

And if I try to find tasks that have an old next run date via the following query:

SELECT * FROM `vrmdmybb_tasks` WHERE nextrun < now();

There is a warning displayed (translated from German):
Warning: #1292 Incorrect datetime value: '1656438060' for field '`db52300`.`vrmdmybb_tasks`.`nextrun` in line 1

Could this somehow be the problem? That the datetime is in a wrong format and therefore is not found by the code looking for tasks to execute?

Also, I just realised, it is MariaDB (10.6) I'm using. Is this a problem?
Hm, it shouldn't be, I don't think MyBB uses now() in the queries which is why I think that query is erroring for you.
Pages: 1 2