MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Trying to merge to MyBB 1.8.30 from phpBB3.x : debugErrorHandler
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Greetings everyone,

I am completly new at MyBB, actually I think I haven't installed a php forum in at least a decade, probably more Smile

Anyway, my group is running an old phpBB, and I want to migrate to MyBB. I installed the last MyBB version 1.8.30 on my local env (running xampp) and downloaded the latest merge system 1.8.23

Once I go to /merge/ this is the error I get :

Fatal error: Declaration of debugErrorHandler::error($type, $message, $file = null, $line = 0) must be compatible with errorHandler::error($type, $message, $file = null, $line = 0, $allow_output = true) in F:\sites\xampp\htdocs\501st_forum\merge\resources\class_error.php on line 34

What should I do ?
(2022-06-29, 03:06 PM)noyle Wrote: [ -> ]Try the dev build https://github.com/mybb/merge-system/arc...eature.zip

I asked on discord too and someone pointed out I was using PHP8. I downgraded to PHP Version 7.4.29 and it worked (well I still got a error handler error somewhere, but it was just a visual issue, the merge process worked.

So if someone runs into the same issue : php8 = bad Big Grin