MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: PHP 8
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Is MyBB compatible with php 8, when I change it from PHP 7.4 to php 8 I get errors
I test dont have problem with PHP 8.0.12 , I think maybe in your plugins Outdated codes are used
this is what it looks like but when you scroll past the you see the forum
"Warnings" are no "Errors".
A warning will not break the parsing, so PHP will continue building the your site properly.
Most of your warnings are related to Plugins and your custom Theme.

The initial question is answered to Yes: A current version of MyBB is compatible with PHP8.

[ExiTuS]
You can either fix each warning or you can change error_reporting to be less strict. Suggest you fix the error warnings. Should not be that hard.

fyi, I think PHP 8 sucks.
Sorry for a bit off-topic question but has anybody tested MyBB with Php 8? They say it will be faster with php 8 but is it really noticeable difference in real life?
(2022-07-10, 11:30 PM)[ExiTuS] Wrote: [ -> ]"Warnings" are no "Errors".
A warning will not break the parsing, so PHP will continue building the your site properly.
Most of your warnings are related to Plugins and your custom Theme.

The initial question is answered to Yes: A current version of MyBB is compatible with PHP8.

[ExiTuS]
Warnings are not to be ignored though, they're a sign of bad code practice or even worse, things to come like eventual deprecation and/or removal. Not so good if the plugin ends up without maintenance for a while.

Then again, the amount of people that leave error display on in production is... astounding.
@NextNep
I agree - you're totally right!
Warnings will not stop the code from being parsed and indicates the preprocessor is able to handle poor code though.
Warnings should never be ignored for sure - and that means troubleshooting to find remedy. Webmasters with a sense of responsibility will do so.
Revealing errors to public is stupid, because it's a foundation for hacking and exploiting.

[ETS]
Mybb is not ready for php 8.0 it's not easy for them to change everything cause all the core files will be changed when you upgrade, I actually downgraded it cause I am using Xthreads for example...