MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Questions about myBB And Features/Plugins
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi Everyone!

I am looking at starting up a forum and am currently trying to figure out which forum is suitable for me. Apologies in advance if it's a lengthy post but any help is much appreciated.

I am looking for a forum that has/does/can do:

- User Profiles that are customizable
    - Subscription feature that gives me the ability to make certain sections of the forum subscription based only.
    - Reputation system for users that is based on posts/thumbs up/contribution. This will also be good if I can customize it to give users badges/stars/or any custom icon
    - Option to react (Like facebook and whatsapp) or thumbs up other users' posts
    - Spam protection to avoid bots/external users from signing up and spamming the forum or posting inappropriate content
    - A donate option for users who wish to donate and contribute to the forum (Not sure if it's classified as the same as the subscription feature). This is more for users to donate any amount of their choosing towards the forum if they would like to support
    - Be able to make users of my choosing moderators or super moderators with custom permissions in order to help manage the forum

Questions:

• Is it possible to make a certain section of the forum follow a template (made by me) for users to fill out and submit? Once they do, a post will be made with their answers against the template and then users can respond to it. This will be used for feedback purposes. I would like my users to be able to give and share their feedback via this template.

• This is something that I may consider eventually - not at the beginning: Is it possible to set up a shop via a different page on the forum to sell merchandise?

• Say I have a special section in the forum that contains a lot of topics. Am I able to make it so that certain users or ranks can only view 2-3(or any number) of these topics once every 3(or any number here) days? Is this customizable?

Thanks a lot!
Please take some time to look around the entire MyBB website, answers to these questions are located throughout.

https://mybb.com/features/plugins/ <-- see features here by switching through tabs

https://community.mybb.com/mods.php?acti...ry=plugins <-- see plugins you can add to achieve desired outcomes (paid group subscriptions, awards, reactions, etc.)

https://community.mybb.com/mods.php?acti...w&pid=1039 <-- a donation plugin you can add

and so on
Thank you for your response and those links Taylor. I was able to find some plugins that I would definitely want to add. However, I couldn't find a plugin that allows me to create a template for my users to fill out and post as feedback. I am not sure if this is built-in myBB or requires an external plugin.
You could try the Form Creator.

If you want to keep feedback private you'd just need to set that forms forum to have custom permissions in the user area that says a user can only see their own threads, for each usergroup you want to only see their own content. Smile

[attachment=45290]

[attachment=45289]
Thanks Taylor. Do you think it's possible to create a specific 'feedback' section in the forum and make it so that if anyone wants to start a topic in that section, it must begin with them filling a template via Form Creator?

Question: myBB is currently 1.8 I believe. If a new version gets released, do all the plugins stay compatible if I upgrade to the latest version?
That’s what the form creator does so yes.

Plugins are created by MyBB users and not MyBB itself, plugins may have issues with upgrades but most plugin authors will update the plugin when issues are presented. It’s just like using community made plugins on any other software.
Late response - thanks again Taylor. Is there a way to make "this" quick reply box contain all the options such as emoticons, color of text, etc just like how they would appear if if you used "New Reply" instead of quick reply?
I have not personally used this plugin but it looks to do just what you need.

https://community.mybb.com/mods.php?action=view&pid=217

Smile