MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: DVZ shoutbox glitched / won't work
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
As you can see here guy in the picture my shoutbox is somehow corrupted idk why but i followed every single instruction out there i even watched YT tuto basically i done everything right ! and for some reason my messages don't show up and the window border is missing please help and thank you Smile
A link to your forum would help.
(2022-07-14, 10:22 PM)nixer55 Wrote: [ -> ]A link to your forum would help.

sorry its not hosted online i want to finish everything on localhost first
Not sure what you have - screenshot tells us nothing.  If you have a Win based LAMP stack like XAMPP - what database / php version etc?

I've run shoutbox on localhost before - installation was relatively simple.  The readme is quite clear.  Not sure if it's compatible with php 8.x - haven't tried it.

One thing about localhost installs - hard to get help if you can't figure it out. Wink
(2022-07-15, 12:26 PM)nixer55 Wrote: [ -> ]Not sure what you have - screenshot tells us nothing.  If you have a Win based LAMP stack like XAMPP - what database / php version etc?

I've run shoutbox on localhost before - installation was relatively simple.  The readme is quite clear.  Not sure if it's compatible with php 8.x - haven't tried it.

One thing about localhost installs - hard to get help if you can't figure it out. Wink

yea i am running everything on XAMPP and everything is updated like i'm talking about the last releases from mybb to XAMPP i have plenty other plugins they work fine no problem with them at all but the shoutbox idk why it acting like that.... do you want me to send you my index page code maybe youll find the problem ??
All you should have for Shoutbox in your index template is {$dvz_shoutbox} where you want it to appear.  And a section in your theme global.css for the content of styles.txt.
(2022-07-15, 04:50 PM)nixer55 Wrote: [ -> ]All you should have for Shoutbox in your index template is {$dvz_shoutbox} where you want it to appear.  And a section in your theme global.css for the content of styles.txt.

i fixed the problem it was a stupid like really stupid fault that i made anyways do you know how can i edit the boring default box template into modern one like the other forums ? i want something like that with border and tabs ... if you know what i mean
(2022-07-15, 06:57 PM)ga3a Wrote: [ -> ]
(2022-07-15, 04:50 PM)nixer55 Wrote: [ -> ]All you should have for Shoutbox in your index template is {$dvz_shoutbox} where you want it to appear.  And a section in your theme global.css for the content of styles.txt.

i fixed the problem it was a stupid like really stupid fault that i made anyways do you know how can i edit the boring default box template into modern one like the other forums ? i want something like that with border and tabs ... if you know what i mean

ga3a 

I'm getting the same error please tell me how you fixed it.