MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Paste image and mobile friendly
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi, 

A new admin for myBB and so far I'm struggling with two (2) things that I would have thought that by the year 2022 they would be default and enabled out of the box.

1. Support for copy/paste images into the WYSIWYG editor - as opposed to the cumbersome process of attaching an image as a file already downloaded before and then inserting it inline into the post.
  2. Support for viewing the forum on small screen devices, such as mobile phones - as opposed to trying to render the full screen as if the viewport is > 1000px wide. 

It would seem, from my casual searching, that both are not super easy to implement or achieve.

Support for copy/paste seems to be WIP and unsure when (if ever) it will be provided, and support for a theme that's responsive is really hit-n-miss with complex setup steps that seem a tad overwhelming (or maybe I'm just missing which basic theme adds that with simply install steps).

Any tips or first time admin guides that might point me in the right direction?

Thanks 
Grant
MyBB is working towards a responsive theme with the upcoming version, however this is a completely free software that is worked on by volunteers who have lives and full time jobs outside of volunteering their time to expand upon an outdated software, that has more pressing matters than a responsive theme. If you are looking for more perhaps consider switching to a paid software that will do these things for you OR contribute to the progression of MyBB to help speed things along.

An alternative to your issue #2 you can install a responsive theme on your website. Theme installations are super simple. Smile
- https://community.mybb.com/mods.php?acti...w&pid=1469 <-- doesn't change much, just makes the default theme responsive.
- https://community.mybb.com/mods.php?acti...ategory=30 <-- the entire responsive theme mods section
I think I’ll look at alternatives - there is simply too much debate and disagreement on the way forward and I’m unwilling to wait. Good luck with myBB