MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: How to change ''meta tags'' and ''title'' of mybb forum?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi friends,

I am using myBB version 1.8.30, I wonder how I can change  ''meta tags'' and ''title'' of mybb forum?
I tried searching the options/ fields in my site admin panel, but can't find it.

That's why Google search does not recognize my forum properly, how do I add the meta description of my forum in settings so that it can appear better in google search  Rolleyes

Many thanks in advance,

Cheers
The title of the page is dynamically generated based on the page you're on (i.e. forum name, thread name). There's no central place to change that because it's obviously different per page and the pages are dynamically generated. The Google SEO plugin may add dynamic meta description tags.

Also it's very unlikely that meta data is the sole reason your forum would not get indexed, the content of the forum is much more important. How much content do you have?
(2022-07-20, 11:42 AM)Matt Wrote: [ -> ]The title of the page is dynamically generated based on the page you're on (i.e. forum name, thread name). There's no central place to change that because it's obviously different per page and the pages are dynamically generated. The Google SEO plugin may add dynamic meta description tags.

Also it's very unlikely that meta data is the sole reason your forum would not get indexed, the content of the forum is much more important. How much content do you have?

Thanks a lot Matt for prompt reply, I have little content on my forum as I just started a travel forum.
I want to use my own travel tagline tp appear in search when people search my domain in google search the meta description (my travel related headline) should appear in search when people search my domain. So that is not possible ?
If you want to add a meta description that's the same on every page then you can add that in the headerinclude template, but if Google sees the same description on every page it will likely just ignore it (it's a common misconception that Google always uses the meta description, it's not always the case, it will choose whatever content it thinks is best). But also you will likely need to have more realistic expectations how how well a brand new forum with little content is going to rank - nobody is going to be doing exact match domain name searches, and to rank well for travel-related search terms will need a huge amount of content and a lot of time. Adding some meta tags on its own isn't going to make a brand new empty forum rank well in such a huge industry I'm afraid.
Thanks
(2022-07-20, 11:54 AM)Matt Wrote: [ -> ]If you want to add a meta description that's the same on every page then you can add that in the headerinclude template, but if Google sees the same description on every page it will likely just ignore it (it's a common misconception that Google always uses the meta description, it's not always the case, it will choose whatever content it thinks is best). But also you will likely need to have more realistic expectations how how well a brand new forum with little content is going to rank - nobody is going to be doing exact match domain name searches, and to rank well for travel-related search terms will need a huge amount of content and a lot of time. Adding some meta tags on its own isn't going to make a brand new empty forum rank well in such a huge industry I'm afraid.

Thanks a lot Matt, you have explained it very well and totally understand now. Thanks for cleaning that doubt from my mind, you are awesome <3