MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Cannot Edit Nor Click Options..
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I just did an upgrade, and noticed the editor is broke.  I assume this is due to a template issue?  

Anyways, I went into my themes and templates but noticed I cannot edit any of the text in the editor.  I also cannot click on the "options" button.  If I click "save" then it erases everything in the editor and I still cannot type anything in it.  Permissions are fine. 

Any ideas?
Is this happening on the Default MyBB theme? Or a custom theme?
I guess I should clarify some. I can edit the CSS "themes", but cannot edit any PHP templates (regardless of default or custom one).

Edit: If i inspect one of the pages where I cannot edit, I see: <textarea name="template" class="codepress mybb" id="template_cp" style="width: 904px; height: 355px; overflow: auto;" rows="5" cols="45" disabled=""></textarea>

I'm assuming the disabled is the issue? But not sure how to enable it, but I could be wrong.
Go to ACP > Home > Preferences > Turn on / off Code Mirror, if you disable this, does it work then?
That appears to have worked!  Thanks.

Back. It worked on being able to edit the PHP templates in the text field, but I still cannot click on the "options" button. Nothing happens. I think it's a javascript issue? Any fixes for that?
You'd need to right click and click Inspect and see if there's any errors in the javascript console. It sounds like you're missing some files or something.
I'm not sure what I'm missing. I'm coming from an upgrade. The "Edit" on a post also doesn't work, so I assume it's a similar issue. Inspection shows:

Uncaught ReferenceError: jQuery is not defined
at general.js:754:4
popup_menu.js:84 Uncaught ReferenceError: DomLib is not defined
at klass.openMenu (popup_menu.js:84:3)
at HTMLAnchorElement.<anonymous> (prototype.js:417:23)
What did you upgrade from? Do you have a custom ACP theme? If you do and you're upgrading from 1.4 or 1.6 then it would need updating more than likely. If it's just the default, then reupload ./jscripts and ./admin/jscripts from a fresh download.
I came from 1.6.12. I believe it's a custom theme (I inherited it but want to upgrade for security reasons).

The Edit button gives me:

Uncaught ReferenceError: jQuery is not defined
at general.js?ver=1800:754:4
showthread.php?tid=43545&pid=173509:602 Uncaught TypeError: Cannot read properties of null (reading 'on')
at showthread.php?tid=43545&pid=173509:602:41
showthread.php?tid=43545&pid=173509:655 Uncaught TypeError: Cannot read properties of null (reading 'on')
at showthread.php?tid=43545&pid=173509:655:34
showthread.php?tid=43545&pid=173509:687 Uncaught TypeError: $(...).on is not a function
at showthread.php?tid=43545&pid=173509:687:65
buddy_online.png:1 Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 404 (Not Found)
5popup_menu.js?ver=1800:84 Uncaught ReferenceError: DomLib is not defined
at klass.openMenu (popup_menu.js?ver=1800:84:3)
at HTMLAnchorElement.<anonymous> (prototype.js?ver=1800:417:23)

So is it missing a jQuery file you think?
Oh I misread before, if this is on the front end then yes, there will be very significant changes to the theme between 1.6 and 1.8, you'll need either a new theme or extensive updates to your current one.