MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: When I try to select a new theme, it doesn't load.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Detailed description of your problem, including steps to reproduce if necessary

I haven't changed my forum theme in a while, and for some reason, whenever I select a new theme, it doesn't load. An odd problem, and I've installed new themes in the past. The new theme uploads, but the site still displays the old theme.

Detailed description of your problem, including steps to reproduce if necessary
The problem remains intact, no matter how many times that I try to load a new theme.

URL to your forum/URL to specific problematic page
https://playbymail.net/mybb/index.php  /  https://playbymail.net/mybb/admin/index....dule=style

New installation or upgrade (from which version of MyBB)?
Currently running 1.8.30 (1830) - It's an upgraded version, as originally, I installed an earlier version of MyBB. Not sure that the problem is due to the upgrade. I don't know when the problem started.

Test user account (if it requires additional permissions)
I can provide this, if necessary.

Screenshot or error text, verbatim
The admin control panel yields no error messages. It acts normal, when I choose a new theme. Yet, the new theme never loads in the web browser. It continues to display the old theme.
I'm seeing theme changes here. What did you do to fix it?
Setting a new theme as default won't change it for existing users, you'll either need to change it in the User CP options, or force it on all users in the ACP.
(2022-07-28, 11:10 AM)Matt Wrote: [ -> ]Setting a new theme as default won't change it for existing users, you'll either need to change it in the User CP options, or force it on all users in the ACP.

In case you are unsure how to achieve forcing the new theme on all users here is an attachment to show you how.
[attachment=45333]
(2022-07-28, 11:06 AM)HLFadmin Wrote: [ -> ]I'm seeing theme changes here. What did you do to fix it?

I listened to Matt.

Apparently, making a theme the Default theme will make that theme appear for any site visitor not logged in, but it requires the Force Theme option to make that theme appear to those logged in. I really should visit this site more often. It's always a fabulous resource, and the amount of help that one can get here is immeasurable.

(2022-07-28, 11:10 AM)Matt Wrote: [ -> ]Setting a new theme as default won't change it for existing users, you'll either need to change it in the User CP options, or force it on all users in the ACP.

I must just be getting older and more forgetful. I don't recall having to use that option before, but that's probably just me aging. You're a super help, Matt. Thanks so much, so very much!

(2022-07-28, 01:59 PM)Taylor M Wrote: [ -> ]

In case you are unsure how to achieve forcing the new theme on all users here is an attachment to show you how.

Thank you Taylor, as well.