MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Why are non-activated users able to send buddy requests?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
And how can this be fixed? I don't see the option within that user group's settings.

Thanks!
This can be done with a work around, do you want to PM me details to your forum so I can have a look?
@Ben
I did not check the code for confirmation - but does it mean such behavior is a serious matter by default?

[ETS]
It's probably just not been noticed before, I don't think the buddy list is a very commonly used feature.
Of course the buddy list is not a feature causing a threat (-:
If this behaviour is true, it should be treated as a general bug for sorting out.

So no personal work-around via PM, but an open discussion ;-)

[ETS]
(2022-08-02, 10:51 AM)Ben Wrote: [ -> ]This can be done with a work around, do you want to PM me details to your forum so I can have a look?

Ben I'm going to contact you about this and some other stuff. I need quite a bit of custom work done if that's something you're up for -- appreciate the offer to help.

To Matt and [ExiTuS], glad I could help identify this. I don't really make much use of the buddy system on the site, however a newly-registered member sent a request, that then generated a PM, the receiving member was confused as to why he couldn't reply, and I then realized he (the new member) wasn't activated.

Cheers!