MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Is there a plugin to show subject but to hide content from registered user?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi All

New to MyBB, searched the plugin marketplace, but can not find what I need.

I have 3 user groups:

1. visitor - able to view subject but not content
2. registered user - able to view subject but only SOME content
3. paid user - able to view everything

any plugin suitable? thanks!
(2022-08-02, 07:50 AM)wendellyu Wrote: [ -> ]2. registered user - able to view subject but only SOME content

Some as in first post only? Or up to a certain amount of responses?
(2022-08-05, 03:28 AM)Mahfuz Wrote: [ -> ]Use this plugin https://community.mybb.com/mods.php?acti...w&pid=1374

Hi Mahfuz. I am also interested in this question.

That plugin mentions New Points. Is that some sort of special currency or is it/can be linked with real money$$? 

Does the plugin work with forum subscription options? 

It'd be great if certain usergroups can be limited to only see a select number or a few posts after the intro post and then have to either subscribe or "achieve" a higher rank/usergroup in order to view the rest of the topic.
(2022-08-05, 09:07 AM)siloxic Wrote: [ -> ]
(2022-08-05, 03:28 AM)Mahfuz Wrote: [ -> ]Use this plugin https://community.mybb.com/mods.php?acti...w&pid=1374

That plugin mentions New Points. Is that some sort of special currency or is it/can be linked with real money$$? 

It'd be great if certain usergroups can be limited to only see a select number or a few posts after the intro post and then have to either subscribe or "achieve" a higher rank/usergroup in order to view the rest of the topic.

Yes there are two types of code.one is with newpoints credit ,one have to pay point to unlock the post another is by reply.
User have to reply to unlock the post.also you sen set usergroup to bypass the lock system.

You can sell newpoints credit for money manually
(2022-08-02, 07:50 AM)wendellyu Wrote: [ -> ]Hi All

I have 3 user groups:

I believe you can accomplish all these in Group Permission or Forum Permission on the standard MyBB script.

You can also try and configure this PlugIn to achieve such

https://community.mybb.com/mods.php?action=view&pid=313
(2022-08-05, 11:26 AM)Mahfuz Wrote: [ -> ]
(2022-08-05, 09:07 AM)siloxic Wrote: [ -> ]

Yes there are two types of code.one is with newpoints credit ,one have to pay point to unlock the post another is by reply.
User have to reply to unlock the post.also you sen set usergroup to bypass the lock system.

You can sell newpoints credit for money manually

(2022-08-05, 12:05 PM)Vanz Wrote: [ -> ]
(2022-08-02, 07:50 AM)wendellyu Wrote: [ -> ]Hi All

I have 3 user groups:

I believe you can accomplish all these in Group Permission or Forum Permission on the standard MyBB script.

You can also try and configure this PlugIn to achieve such

https://community.mybb.com/mods.php?action=view&pid=313

I see. Both plugins seem to cover 50% of what I am looking for.

- Be able to exclude certain usergroups (subscribers) from locked/hidden content and allow them full access. This is included and great.

- Allow 'certain' usergroups (whether it is guest or registered members) to be able to see the opening post PLUS 1,2 or 3 replies (I decide on this number) and then the rest of the topic is hidden/locked unless they subscribe. This is NOT included.

- Allow certain usergroups to be able to view a limited number of threads/topics (daily or weekly - customizable) in a certain section of the forum unless they are subscribed. I couldn't find a plugin that has this, unless someone knows of one?

Reply to unlock as well as purchase Newpoints is not quite direct as I'd rather have a simple subscription system where if they are subscribed, they get full access - otherwise it will be "partial" access and/or some sections zero access.
(2022-08-04, 09:05 PM)Taylor M Wrote: [ -> ]
(2022-08-02, 07:50 AM)wendellyu Wrote: [ -> ]2. registered user - able to view subject but only SOME content

Some as in first post only? Or up to a certain amount of responses?

Both are ok
If you are looking for a plug-in where you Got a usergroup that Hou want to be able to see or do more then another you Can then use rex digital shop plug-in it allowes you to set a Price and a usergroup ( multiple ) and your members Can then choose what upgrades they want and when they have paid with PayPal they will automatic get updated to the new member group and get the features you set

Conclusion rex shop covers all your needs

I have divided groups on my site aswell
Non registeret / guest cant post or see post and threads
Paid users Can use the whole forum 

Link to the plug-in works very Well
https://community.mybb.com/mods.php?acti...w&pid=1381

If you need help with install & setup feel free to pm me
(2022-08-07, 09:29 PM)Lasse Wrote: [ -> ]If you are looking for a plug-in where you Got a usergroup that Hou want to be able to see or do more then another you Can then use rex digital shop plug-in it allowes you to set a Price and a usergroup ( multiple ) and your members Can then choose what upgrades they want and when they have paid with PayPal they will automatic get updated to the new member group and get the features you set

Conclusion rex shop covers all your needs

I have divided groups on my site aswell
Non registeret / guest cant post or see post and threads
Paid users Can use the whole forum 

Link to the plug-in works very Well
https://community.mybb.com/mods.php?acti...w&pid=1381

If you need help with install & setup feel free to pm me

That seems great Lasse! Will look into this.

Is it possible to only show the topic subject + 1-2 posts after the topic opener and then making the rest of the posts hidden unless users subscribe?