MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Change padding in content
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hi Guys

This will be very simple for those that know, but how can I put some padding around the text as shown? I know its in the template somewhere but i can't seem to find the right place to change.

Thanks
Gary
With the default language pack.  ACP - Configuration - Languages - English (American) - Options - Edit Language Variables - Quick Phrases -
Registration Agreement.  Paragraphs 1 - 5.

I've made minor edits using html.
(2022-08-06, 05:09 PM)nixer55 Wrote: [ -> ]With the default language pack.  ACP - Configuration - Languages - English (American) - Options - Edit Language Variables - Quick Phrases -

Hi Nexer

The picture was just an example to the position of the text which is universal to the theme, and is on most screens where it goes right to the edge of the box with no padding. I do want to tweak that registration text though so thanks for that answer, but ATM I just wish to add some padding to the right and left of the text so its not right on the edge like it is. It just looks awkward.
(2022-08-06, 07:22 PM)gazzagreen Wrote: [ -> ]
(2022-08-06, 05:09 PM)nixer55 Wrote: [ -> ]With the default language pack.  ACP - Configuration - Languages - English (American) - Options - Edit Language Variables - Quick Phrases -

Hi Nexer

The picture was just an example to the position of the text which is universal to the theme, and is on most screens where it goes right to the edge of the box with no padding. I do want to tweak that registration text though so thanks for that answer, but ATM I just wish to add some padding to the right and left of the text so its not right on the edge like it is. It just looks awkward.

go to member_register_agreement template 

find 
<form action="member.php" method="post">

Replace
<form class="agreement" action="member.php" method="post">

add css to global.css

.agreement .trow1{padding-left:10px; padding-right:10px;}

adjust padding as per your requirement , hope it will work . 

BR
Mujeeb
if this post solve your problem mark this thread as solved
(2022-08-07, 05:13 AM)mujeebdgk Wrote: [ -> ]go to member_register_agreement template 

find 

Replace

add css to global.css

BR
Mujeeb

Thanks Mujeebdgk

I tried this but nothing changed. I tried the CSS code in different parts of the global.css document, but nothing happened. Is there a particular spot it has to go? Seems nothing else begins with a full stop like this statement...

Gary
(2022-08-07, 06:15 AM)gazzagreen Wrote: [ -> ]
(2022-08-07, 05:13 AM)mujeebdgk Wrote: [ -> ]go to member_register_agreement template 

find 

Replace

add css to global.css

BR
Mujeeb

Thanks Mujeebdgk

I tried this but nothing changed. I tried the CSS code in different parts of the global.css document, but nothing happened. Is there a particular spot it has to go? Seems nothing else begins with a full stop like this statement...

Gary

can you please send me anydesk id ? so i can check it remotley
(2022-08-07, 08:16 AM)mujeebdgk Wrote: [ -> ]
(2022-08-07, 06:15 AM)gazzagreen Wrote: [ -> ]

find 

Replace

add css to global.css

BR
Mujeeb

Thanks Mujeebdgk

Gary

can you please send me anydesk id ? so i can check it remotley

Sorry I don't have the anydesk app. Its an annual subscription I believe

Gary
no it is free app , without subcription

can share id via dm
Go to Admin CP --> Templates & Styles --> Themes --> the theme you are using --> global.css

Then search for .trow1 and .trow2 and either add or adjust the padding.

example
padding: 12px;

if you are not seeing changes immediately you will need to clear your cache or even possibly clear the sites cache as well by Admin CP --> Tools & Maintenance --> Cache Manager --> (Rebuild & Reload All) button in top right on table header
(2022-08-07, 04:41 PM)Taylor M Wrote: [ -> ]Go to Admin CP --> Templates & Styles --> Themes --> the theme you are using --> global.css

Then search for .trow1 and .trow2 and either add or adjust the padding.

example
padding: 12px;

if you are not seeing changes immediately you will need to clear your cache or even possibly clear the sites cache as well by Admin CP --> Tools & Maintenance --> Cache Manager --> (Rebuild & Reload All) button in top right on table header

Thank Taylor

I made these changes to theme but nothing changed. Also cleared cache on browsers and in admin as shown.
Please don't give up. I can try other things.
website is mylovedoll.uk

Gary  Sad
Pages: 1 2