MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: MySQL error on registration
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi everyone,

Since moving my forum to a new host I haven't had anyone new register, which was a little odd. I tried registering a new account myself, but once I complete the details and submit them I get the following error:

MyBB has experienced an internal SQL error and cannot continue.

SQL Error: 1364 - Field 'aim' doesn't have a default value

Query: INSERT INTO mybb_users (username,password,salt,loginkey,email,postnum,threadnum,avatar,avatartype,usergroup,additionalgroups,displaygroup,usertitle,regdate,lastactive,lastvisit,website,icq,skype,google,birthday,signature,allownotices,hideemail,subscriptionmethod,receivepms,receivefrombuddy,pmnotice,pmnotify,showimages,showvideos,showsigs,showavatars,showquickreply,showredirect,tpp,ppp,invisible,style,timezone,dstcorrection,threadmode,daysprune,dateformat,timeformat,regip,language,showcodebuttons,sourceeditor,buddyrequestspm,buddyrequestsauto,away,awaydate,returndate,awayreason,notepad,referrer,referrals,buddylist,ignorelist,pmfolders,warningpoints,moderateposts,moderationtime,suspendposting,suspensiontime,coppauser,classicpostbit,usernotes) VALUES ('joebloggs','2efc78e98c34af495fa96b1bb38c3795','TbjiBEGv','ugE0QuKDJKGGosdC4G9SSEijRBXRUulXAQtxqRkxsguupEh95s','[email protected]',0,0,'','',5,'',0,'',1659898359,1659898359,1659898359,'',0,'','','','',1,0,0,1,0,1,0,1,1,1,1,1,1,0,0,0,0,'1',2,'linear',0,'','',X'568139a0','',1,0,1,0,0,0,0,'','',0,0,'','','',0,0,0,0,0,0,1,'')

Can anyone tell me how to fix this please?
Thanks
If you have any plugins installed and activated, try deactivating them or uninstalling them and see if that fixes the problem. It could be an outdated plugin causing the issue.
What version of MyBB are you running?

AIM was discontinued as of December 15, 2017 and removed from MyBB Jul 6, 2018.
Plugins are currently disabled.

I'm using version 1.8.22
You may have change your MySQL (or MariaDB) version and now it throws an error when a field not filled by the form as no default value.
Alter the mybb_users table (using phpMyAdmin or whatever you want) to add a default value to aim field.

And if you can, upgrade MyBB to the last version