MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: (last question) - Merging Users/Posts data from upgrade
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I apologize for the threads.  I wish I could remove some, haha.

I'm not 100% on the table structure from 1.6 to 1.8, meaning if its the same or some differences.  I have been building a new forum using the 1.8 and getting what I need fixed before I update the database from the live version. Once I feel the changes are good to go, is there an easy way to migrate all the users/posts/threads/etc. from the 1.6 database to 1.8?  Can I just do a phpmyAdmin and export/import?  Will it mess something up or miss something?
You would just need to run the upgrade script on the 1.6 board: https://docs.mybb.com/1.8/install/upgrade/

You'd need to export the theme from the 1.8 forum and import it, as well as setting up any plugins you've installed.
Wouldn't that mess up the customization in my template files?  If I upgrade the 1.6 to 1.8, it won't update the template files that I'm aware of and keep the changes I've made on the 1.8 test forum.  Right?
If you export the theme from the 1.8 forum you've been working on and import it to your live forum after you've upgraded it, it will have the same changes.