MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Let members choose between user titles or group titles
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi Guys....

OK got a tiny membership and hoping it will grow. But I got a comment hinting if he could change his user title. I don't want the low level members choosing custom titles yet, as I can see some very strange titles been used.... best leave that to the high ranks. But one thing I wish i could provide was a choice between the user title (maybe: "Starter"), and the group title (perhaps: Registered Member). Not a lot of difference in meaning, but maybe the user prefers one over the other without giving them too much power to change it completely at first.

It would be nice to have a drop down or tick option in the USER CP to change this?

Can it be done?......

Gary
We don't use the feature - but see there's a group permission permitting users to assign themselves custom titles.  So I'd say yes.  If so permissioned, they'd have to edit their profile in the UserCP.  Looks to be freeform text though.

Read up on it in the docs.  You can also use group promotions to grant the permission if you wanted.  Based on post count, reputation, or time registered.
(2022-08-11, 10:22 PM)nixer55 Wrote: [ -> ]We don't use the feature - but see there's a group permission permitting users to assign themselves custom titles.  So I'd say yes.  If so permissioned, they'd have to edit their profile in the UserCP.  Looks to be freeform text though.

Read up on it in the docs.  You can also use group promotions to grant the permission if you wanted.  Based on post count, reputation, or time registered.

Thanks Nixer.

Yes I know about the custom titles and they will get that feature in the higher levels when they have sent a lot of posts. I just wanted a choice between the user title their in or what ever group title their in at first.