MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Huge ISSUE, with editing posts/line spaces automatically added...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
After spending about an hour on a post, then editing it, I noticed that it automatically added line spaces, So me being me, I went thru the entire thing, and removed all the unwanted spaces, Just so it could add double the ammount of line spaces... So in order for me to post something normally, I either need to get it perfect the first try thru, and then post it, Or I need to fix all the line space errors in the edit part, and then copy the entire thing, and start a brand new thread, Ive tried mionify HTML plugin and it did nothing.. Btw If i edit a posts line spaces, then click the raw data version of the post edit, which is on the right side of the fullscreen button, It resets and I have to start all over again, A post that would take 10 minutes to do usually, took me over an hour to post, just because all of this bs... Angry Angry Angry
Now I know I cant be the only one with this issue, so whos got the fix?
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
EXAMPLE BELOW.

I DONT

WANT MY POSTS

TO LOOK LIKE THIS................
Without a URL and a test account it'll be hard to suggest anything. It's not something I've ever heard of happening before.
(2022-08-24, 10:59 PM)Matt Wrote: [ -> ]Without a URL and a test account it'll be hard to suggest anything. It's not something I've ever heard of happening before.

https://codedskills.net/forumBeta And believe me, its happening.... feel free to register and post whatever u like,

Heres some images to show u what i mean..
Image 1, first edit after posting, tried to correct a single line space. once submitted.
https://i.ibb.co/ZGb6BZz/435435453.png
2nd time edit
https://i.ibb.co/1KRN16c/2.png
3rd time edit
https://i.ibb.co/g7M9JLG/3.png
4th time edit
https://i.ibb.co/L1ww1K5/4.png

This is not normal in the least bit lol.
And I didnt even make changes in 2nd 3rd and 4th time, all i did was hit edit, and then submit.
And its nothing I did with plugins or anything, because it was doing this when i first installed mybb, i remember it happening to me, and trying to figure out why theres so many spaces, cause i know it wasnt me..

Now I make sure I copy it all to a notepad, incase I mess up, I can just start a new thread and copy paste it, rather than trying to fix the line spacing, and even if I did, its 1 step forward 5 steps back....So for me, Its important, especially when posting super long threads, to get all my edits right before even previewing or submitting it.

Like for example, I had to repost it cause I had to mess it up to show you the images. and its super inconvenient, Im actually double posting it to a different brand of forum as a backup cause theres so many bugs with mybb, But mybb is my favorite compared to the others, So im sticking to my guns./. I just hope someone has a fix.

I post all my schoolwork in password protected forums, for the purpose of... whatever... and Sometimes im posting like 7 pages worth the novel material, So this bug is a huge issue for me.. Its not a big deal whhen its a small post, but thats not the point.

Im a developer so its important that this is fixed not only for my sake, but others having thie same issue. and i know there are lots of others just by googling it to try n find a fix..
Doesn't seem to be doing it for me, just keeps the same lines I had. Not seeing any issues.

Does it happen on these forums here? Do you have any browser plugins?

When you say "others having thie same issue. and i know there are lots of others just by googling it to try n find a fix", where are these threads? Like I said it's not an issue I've ever seen anyone have before, especially not widespread.
(2022-08-25, 12:43 AM)Matt Wrote: [ -> ]Doesn't seem to be doing it for me, just keeps the same lines I had. Not seeing any issues.

When you say "others having thie same issue. and i know there are lots of others just by googling it to try n find a fix", where are these threads? Like I said it's not an issue I've ever seen anyone have before, especially not widespread.

I've had this issue happen before, but only on this site, never on my own. The only workaround I found was to put the editor in source mode. But even then it only ever happens occasionally. I was curious as to what might be causing this. I use Chrome so I'm not sure if it could be a browser issue potentially?
When you say this site, do you mean the community forums here, or the forum the thread is about? Again I can't remember hearing about it before so it doesn't sound like a widespread issue.
@ C0D3D: Activation email did not survive the journey across the internet. I do not have spam blocking enabled.

I suspect your problem is related to platform differences between Windows and Unix use of CRLF vs LF, particularly if you are copy/pasting from a source with formatting enabled.

[edit to add]
This post has been edited using firefox browser. No line breaks have been added other than the ones I put there.
(2022-08-25, 12:43 AM)Matt Wrote: [ -> ]Doesn't seem to be doing it for me, just keeps the same lines I had. Not seeing any issues.

I just went to the post u made, and removed all the line spaces u had, then hit submit, now theres 2x as many, Try doing this.

I think its perhaps a bug with only firefox, I just tried it on chrome and the error did not occur.

Heres another thread on the issue..

What doesnt make sense to me tho, is if its a firefox related thing, then how come it never does it on this site, mybb.com?

Test

Test

Oh wait nvm, it does seem to do it on this website.

Good to know its not an issue with my website Smile

Sorry to take up all your time.
(2022-08-25, 10:55 AM)Matt Wrote: [ -> ]When you say this site, do you mean the community forums here, or the forum the thread is about? Again I can't remember hearing about it before so it doesn't sound like a widespread issue.

Here on the community forums.

It seems as though it could be browser-related given the latest comments from the OP.
I have this happen all the tie on myBB board too. I have to edit the lines out using quick edit and editing the source code. I use Firefox too. I do have safari so I'll try that....

Gary