MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Mariadb user name
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi guy's, after a few years i am back with mybb but my memory is playing trick on me and don't remember how i was setting up the whole thing.

First i am on a vps under ubuntu 20.04 and i was going to install mariadb and my question is : Can i use the same sudo user i have already set on my server or is this have to be a completely new user strictly for mariadb?

Also should i keep the default database location or should i put it in the website directory since i will have 2 mybb independent forums serve by nginx in server block?

Since i will have to create 2 mybb databases should i rename the second mybb database mybb01?

Thank for any help, regards Peter
The user to log in to the server is totally separate to the database user, it will create one for you when you install mariadb

Also the database is not stored in the web directory anywhere, you can just create 2 databases if you need 2 installs.
(2022-08-30, 06:49 PM)Matt Wrote: [ -> ]The user to log in to the server is totally separate to the database user, it will create one for you when you install mariadb

Also the database is not stored in the web directory anywhere, you can just create 2 databases if you need 2 installs.

Thank for replying Matt, i am a bit confuse after all these years.

OK so basically i have to create a new user strictly for mariadb with a password. But since i will have 2 independent forums on nginx server block should i rename the databases to mybb_sitename01, mybb_sitename02?

Regards Peter