MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Question about ignore in MyBB
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello all,

I currently run a forum using Discourse. While it has worked pretty well, there are a few features that users have asked for. One of the main requests have been about the ignore feature. We are a unique bunch that has been posting together for 10-15 years. Like a family, there are some users that just don't get along. The issue they have is when they ignore someone, they still see that they posted something. For instance say person A ignored person B. Person B makes a bunch of threads and person A still sees the threads created in their feed. If they click on the threads they don't see what was posted, but again the threads show up. How does this work in MyBB? I asked in the Discourse forum and they basically said "working as intended". If MyBB works in a similar way, is this just a standard problem across most if not all forum software?

Thank you.

I just tested on a random user and it looks like it functions the same as Discourse.
It works like that on Xenforo as well.