MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Server time issue..
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
The time setting on my server has been incorrect for a few months now (since my forum opened). I just had it changed to the correct setting today so that it would display times accurately in the forum, but it caused some major issues.

Understandably, posts made earlier today before the time was fixed are showing up as being made tomorrow. The issue is that any topic with one of these posts is marked as unread no matter what.

Also posts made in any topic that has been active today will show up earlier in the thread.

Is there anything I can do to have this fixed quickly, or will I have to wait until tomorrow?

http://homeundone.com/
I'm not sure whether or not the Recount & Rebuild in your Admin CP would help solve this issue...just try it..
First thing I did. The problem is that for all intensive purposes, the posts were made in the future. MyBB can't tell the difference...
quacktacular Wrote:First thing I did. The problem is that for all intensive purposes, the posts were made in the future. MyBB can't tell the difference...

Only curious to know:
- What was the original time setting?
- What is the current time setting that makes threads point to a future date?
The time was set about one day ahead. Not a MyBB setting, but right in the OS (Cent OS Linux on cPanel).

Its now set to the correct time. But because posts made up until the time of the change were made "a day from now", MyBB thinks they where made after any new (after the change) posts created. It also thinks that its impossible to have read something that "hasn't been posted" yet, or at least that's why I think its showing topics that were active today as being permanently unread.
One more question:

Did you change the value in the Default Timezone Offset in your ACP?
No. I didn't change anything in MyBB.

Is there a way to change the posts time-stamps in the database or something?
quacktacular Wrote:No. I didn't change anything in MyBB.

Please check the ACP -> Board Settings -> Change -> Date and Time Formats and tell me what your current Default Timezone Offset is set to.
This appears to be happening with hosts who's server time is having discrepancies issues. I'd suggest you contact your host and ask them to check the validity of the server time stamp.
Hello again, sorry if I'm not being clear enough here.

I own the server and have root access. That said, I know very little about unix or shell. Here is the situation:

1) Time was set incorrectly since forums were installed (within the OS, has nothing to do with MyBB)
2) I made a ticket with my data-center and they fixed the issue for me.
3) Date and time are now correct in the OS. Time displays correctly on the current time section in the MyBB header, new posts reflect the correct time.
4) Posts made soon before my data-center fixed my server display as being made tomorrow, the 1st of September.
5) Posts made now appear before posts made earlier today because of the inconsistency between the time-stamps on the posts.
6) Posts made earlier today are in a permanent (until tomorrow anyway) unread state. No amount of cookie cleaning or database rebuilding will solve this.

This isn't a flaw with MyBB. I just need to know if there is a way for me to change the date on a few posts manually. There's only a few dozen I would need to fix.
Pages: 1 2