MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Registration SQL Error
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello!
New users cannot register and get the error message "MyBB has experienced an internal SQL error and cannot continue.
If you're a visitor of this website, please wait a few minutes and try again. If this problem persists, please contact the site owner.
If you are the site owner, please check the MyBB Documentation for help resolving common issues, or get technical help on the MyBB Community Forums."

Obviously we have had the problem for a long time, because the last registration was in January 2022  Huh  Huh  Huh  - only by chance we got this info that none can register

Who can help?
THX in advance!

ps.: I just tested it myself and got the same error message. The fields can all be filled in and as soon as you validate, the sql error message appears

In the Cpanel I found this error message, with the approximate time I tried to register:
"[Wed Sep 07 18:11:47.619079 2022] [include:error] [pid 13016:tid 46918417536768] [client xxxx.xxx.xxx.xxx:28321] unable to include "cp_errordocument.shtml" in parsed file "
Hi blongso,
Follow the instructions from https://community.mybb.com/thread-233457.html to have a more explicit message which can help us to help you.
Hey Crazycat Wink ,
I am posting a screenshot of our settings.
[Image: ffgg2f.jpg]
The settings you recommend, we already had. I already noticed yesterday that the error.log on the server is called error_log. I created a new file and named it error.log - but it becomes error_log again, I don't understand.
In addition, there is no error in the error_log (I just tried to register again).

re Crazycat,
I have sent you a mp on our forum :-)
Just to be sure, as I'm not sure how to translate the above screenshot to english, it looks like this yes?

[Image: Capture.png]
The real error is : 1364 - Field 'myalerts_disabled_alert_types' doesn't have a default value

So you have to access phpMyAdmin (or any way you use to access the database) and set a default value to this field in table mybb_users
re Crazycat,
I have deleted myalerts_disabled_alert_types in the MySQL table mybb_users. Unfortunately I still have a SQL error message Lightbulb
Why did you delete it? You only needed to update the field to have a default value.

(2018-10-03, 04:01 AM)EHRA Wrote: [ -> ]The error was corrected with the following guidance from Euan T:

You can fix it by making the column myalerts_disabled_alert_types nullable in phpMyAdmin by running this query:
ALTER TABLE `mybb_users` MODIFY `myalerts_disabled_alert_types` TEXT NULL; 

Thanks for the help Euan T!
re Taylor M.,
We don't use the MyAlerts plugin at all. We had tested it once and uninstalled it again. So it seems that the uninstallation was not clean and deleted all files.
Oh okay, makes sense. Smile
is your disk full?