MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Log out not working
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I think I must have selected "remember me" when logging in and now logout doesn't work.  

It takes me to a page which reads:

"You have successfully been logged out. You will now be taken back to the forum index."

Then it takes me back and I am still logged in!

Any ideas - have tried clearing the cookies for the forum domain- doesn't fix it.  Opening a Chrome incognito window DOES fix it.  So it would seem to be cookie related, not sure why clearing cookies has not fixed.
We would need your URL to be able to help with this. It doesn't sound like you have cleared cookies in the browser though as that would definitely log you out, it's impossible to be logged in if the cookie doesn't exist. Unless you have Cloudflare full page caching or some other sort of server page caching, but again we'd need the URL to see.
Does logging in and out work correctly in Incognito mode?

Make sure that MyBB settings related to cookies are correct: https://docs.mybb.com/1.8/faq/login-prob...e-settings

You can have a look at Chrome's list of cookies it sends to see if there are any leftover ones (e.g. cookies set for a higher-level domain), and delete them.
(2022-09-14, 12:27 PM)Matt Wrote: [ -> ]We would need your URL to be able to help with this. It doesn't sound like you have cleared cookies in the browser though as that would definitely log you out, it's impossible to be logged in if the cookie doesn't exist. Unless you have Cloudflare full page caching or some other sort of server page caching, but again we'd need the URL to see.

All fixed.

I cleared all cookies, for xyz.myco.com which didn't work (xyz.myco.com representing the full path to the board)

But there was a mybbuser cookie in myco.com (i.e. no subdomain)

I deleted that and it worked.

Sorry to have wasted your time