MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: New forum problems
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hello, I was forced to use Sunsettommy2 because I have been away too long can't use the e-mail which is out of date or post correct password for my original account.

I have a new forum version 1.8.30 with problems that shouldn't exist because this is a stable version, but several problems show up mainly in logging in and font size problems that makes no sense since it comes and goes without reason here is an example of a post, I made to show this vividly:

LINK

which came from another mybb based forum LINK I posted 5 years earlier without problem and here is the original source for that post LINK

and,

Log in problem seems to affect some people and not others but people using Mozilla browser get a warning when trying to log in my forum.

===

This is what I get from my Server Host in response to my queries about log in problem:

Quote:With regards to the issue, you are having about the log in that is not private this is due to a mixed content error which can be found using the link below:

whynopadlock.com/results/7f1e04c3-e941-4eca-be3b-e9b29cfd854c

===

But as you can see for yourself the padlock is in place as shown HERE LINK

My forum LINK
Your BBCode formating is probably wrong. You should send us a source code by pressing CTRL+orange+S.

Quote:Log in problem seems to affect some people and not others but people using Mozilla browser get a warning when trying to log in my forum.

Probably because you have HTTP somewhere but not HTTPS. Maybe a template, link in settings etc. I say this because the report you've sent show two errors regarding HTTP/HTTPS. (image in attachment)
Thank you for the reply,

None of it make sense since I never played around with the software when I got mybb 1.8.30 downloaded a 6-month stable version to end up with a bunch of errors which is mystifying have downloaded mybb several times in the past with ZERO problems.

Then the padlock I see if just for the INDEX not for Search or membership thus the SSL certificate doesn't work properly?

Have no idea how to do this:

Quote:You should send us a source code by pressing CTRL+orange+S.

Your first thumbnail location is a mystery to me.
(2022-09-14, 06:17 PM)sunsettommy2 Wrote: [ -> ]Thank you for the reply,

None of it make sense since I never played around with the software when I got mybb 1.8.30 downloaded a 6-month stable version to end up with a bunch of errors which is mystifying have downloaded mybb several times in the past with ZERO problems.

Then the padlock I see if just for the INDEX not for Search or membership thus the SSL certificate doesn't work properly?

Whynopadlock's report says that some links are not updated for HTTPS (SSL), so I assume (SSL) is the issue for your members not being able to login.

(2022-09-14, 06:17 PM)sunsettommy2 Wrote: [ -> ]

Sorry. It's CTRL+shift+S. But you can do this:

1. Opet that post
2. Edit > Full edit
3. Press this icon:

https://i.imgur.com/Rig8X72.png

4. Copy and paste code that appears below.
The SSL issue is likely because your Board URL setting is http:// not https://, so all URLs in the HTML are http:// and get redirected to https:// - will probably explain the logging in problem too if it's having to redirect the request.
I have checked the SSL/TLS set up in the CPANEL they are all (8) domains activated with no missing sections at all no errors posted and using the recommended set up which is operational.

I just added SSL host successfully which might the solution that I missed earlier.
(2022-09-14, 06:39 PM)Matt Wrote: [ -> ]The SSL issue is likely because your Board URL setting is http:// not https://, so all URLs in the HTML are http:// and get redirected to https:// - will probably explain the logging in problem too if it's having to redirect the request.

Added the S to the two HTTP in the Site details area.

Hopefully that fixed it.

(2022-09-14, 06:26 PM)mikser1 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2022-09-14, 06:17 PM)sunsettommy2 Wrote: [ -> ]Thank you for the reply,

Whynopadlock's report says that some links are not updated for HTTPS (SSL), so I assume (SSL) is the issue for your members not being able to login.

(2022-09-14, 06:17 PM)sunsettommy2 Wrote: [ -> ]

Sorry. It's CTRL+shift+S. But you can do this:

1. Opet that post
2. Edit > Full edit
3. Press this icon:

https://i.imgur.com/Rig8X72.png

4. Copy and paste code that appears below.

Use NOTEPAD to see it:

[size=1]Gradually rising seas[/size]
[size=1] [/size]
[size=1]For 4,000 years, the world’s sea level has been inching up.[/size]
[size=1] [/size]
[size=1]This has been caused by[/size]
[size=1](a)   the melting of the post-Flood ice and[/size]
[size=1](b)  the gradual evaporation or outflow of inland basins to the sea.[/size]
[size=1] [/size]
[size=1]The gradual rise of the oceans is thus another clear relic of the Deluge.  Flood waters left behind on the land, in the form of ice or inland lakes, have been gradually returning to the oceans.  The result has been not only a drying out of the land, but a corresponding rise in sea level.[/size]
[size=1] [/size]
[size=1]The Hadji Ahmed map of 1559, whose original source dates back thousands of years, shows a landbridge between Siberia and Alaska, which existed when the original map was drawn.  If the ocean between these two land masses were lowered 100 feet today, there would be a dry-land path between them.[/size]
[size=1] [/size]
[size=1]According to some oceanographers and geologists, the ocean level may have been as much as 500 feet lower than today.[/size]
[size=1] [/size]
[size=1]Ireland was connected with England; the North Sea was a great plain;  Italy was joined to Africa, and exposed land cut the Mediterranean into two lakes.[/size]
[size=1] [/size]
[size=1]Since then, the rising seas have engulfed coastal land and islands, turning isthmuses into straits and large islands into underwater plateaus.[/size]
[size=1]
Along many of the world’s shorelines are lost islands, now deep below the sea, with remains of cities, palaces and temples.
[/size]
This should work now.

[quote]
[size=15][color=#E82A1F]Gradually rising seas[/color]
[/size]

[size=13]For 4,000 years, the world’s sea level has been inching up.
This has been caused by(a)  the melting of the post-Flood ice and
(b)  the gradual evaporation or outflow of inland basins to the sea.

The gradual rise of the oceans is thus another clear relic of the Deluge.  Flood waters left behind on the land, in the form of ice or inland lakes, have been gradually returning to the oceans.  The result has been not only a drying out of the land, but a corresponding rise in sea level.

The Hadji Ahmed map of 1559, whose original source dates back thousands of years, shows a landbridge between Siberia and Alaska, which existed when the original map was drawn.  If the ocean between these two land masses were lowered 100 feet today, there would be a dry-land path between them.

According to some oceanographers and geologists, the ocean level may have been as much as 500 feet lower than today.

Ireland was connected with England; the North Sea was a great plain;  Italy was joined to Africa, and exposed land cut the Mediterranean into two lakes.

Since then, the rising seas have engulfed coastal land and islands, turning isthmuses into straits and large islands into underwater plateaus.

Along many of the world’s shorelines are lost islands, now deep below the sea, with remains of cities, palaces and temples.[/size]
[/quote]
(2022-09-14, 07:25 PM)mikser1 Wrote: [ -> ]This should work now.

[quote]
[size=15][color=#E82A1F]Gradually rising seas[/color]
[/size]

[size=13]For 4,000 years, the world’s sea level has been inching up.
This has been caused by(a)  the melting of the post-Flood ice and
(b)  the gradual evaporation or outflow of inland basins to the sea.

The gradual rise of the oceans is thus another clear relic of the Deluge.  Flood waters left behind on the land, in the form of ice or inland lakes, have been gradually returning to the oceans.  The result has been not only a drying out of the land, but a corresponding rise in sea level.

The Hadji Ahmed map of 1559, whose original source dates back thousands of years, shows a landbridge between Siberia and Alaska, which existed when the original map was drawn.  If the ocean between these two land masses were lowered 100 feet today, there would be a dry-land path between them.

According to some oceanographers and geologists, the ocean level may have been as much as 500 feet lower than today.

Ireland was connected with England; the North Sea was a great plain;  Italy was joined to Africa, and exposed land cut the Mediterranean into two lakes.

Since then, the rising seas have engulfed coastal land and islands, turning isthmuses into straits and large islands into underwater plateaus.

Along many of the world’s shorelines are lost islands, now deep below the sea, with remains of cities, palaces and temples.[/size]
[/quote]

It still doesn't work I haven't done anything yet just suggested that use notepad to make it appear normal.
Think @Matt has you sorted on the ssl stuff, but no idea what you mean by "when I got mybb 1.8.30 downloaded a 6-month stable version".  Never heard of that - makes me suspect a scripted install like Softaculous.  At least not MyBB official sources.

The other issue looks like the result of pasting data in the post editor.  As @mikser1 points out - turn on View Source before pasting.  I advise our members to so so before any paste operation.  Have for years. Wink
Pages: 1 2