MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Activation emails not sending?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
For some reason, activation emails are not being sent to newly registered users. I can't figure out why this is happening. Does anyone know what is causing this and how it can be fixed?
Try reading [Wiki: Help:Mail] (Broken link, head over to docs.mybb.com instead)
I gotta make use of my bookmarks.

EDIT: PHP sent the email successfully. Strange. Are there any email providers which classify MyBB activation emails as spam?
It is possible that any of them might, it would depend if you domain had been blacklisted, or if someone had their spam filter set to something just short of the "Insane" setting.

I assume you have checked your spam box to make sure.

Also, does the email address you have set to send the emails from belong to the same domain as the website itself? (Point 3 on that Wiki page)
MrDoom Wrote:It is possible that any of them might, it would depend if you domain had been blacklisted, or if someone had their spam filter set to something just short of the "Insane" setting.

I assume you have checked your spam box to make sure.

Also, does the email address you have set to send the emails from belong to the same domain as the website itself? (Point 3 on that Wiki page)

I sent an email to myself and it ended up in the inbox (using the test script). Other people (actually, just one Wink) are informing me that they are not receiving the emails.

When I received the email, it did not come from my domain, but the host's.

Is Hotmail known for having a sensitive spam filter?
It is if it's set to exclusive.
MrDoom Wrote:It is if it's set to exclusive.

I'll ask my friend if he has it set to that.

Thanks for the help, again. Smile