MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: User location in Who's Online is incorrect
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I'm having a weird problem I have not encountered before.
The online user's location in the Who's Online page is almost always incorrect.
It either shows them as viewing their own profile (while viewing index/topics) or someone else's profile (and this profile is usually one of three or four profiles and I couldn't find a commonality among them).

Here's what I did:
- My current theme is very customized, so I checked the Default theme and the error persists there.
- I disabled all plugins and the error continued.
- I checked the functions_online file - the file has not been modified since I installed the forum. class_sessions is also the same
- I removed the .htaccess file but the error persisted.
- I checked the other languages installed on the forum and the error isn't related to languages.
- I optimized databases (especially mybb_sessions assuming it would be related - also emptied it) and it didn't work.

Any other things I am missing here that might affect the location of the user?

I should also point out that, when I was testing with two different accounts and refreshing the Who's Online page continuously, there were a few instances of correct location but it immediately returned to "Viewing profile" at the next refresh.
And there are several accounts that are definitely not affected by this and I don't understand why! I checked if they are old/newer accounts but this turned out to be unrelated. Group permissions are the same. What else could be affecting it?

Thank you.

Edit: I just realized everything is fine on the GoMobile theme but as soon as I switch to the desktop version, my user location switches to Viewing profile.
So I compared the header/headerinclude templates between Default, GoMobile and current themes and removed the excessive parts, and it finally worked.
It was probably a JS issue.

Marking as solved.