MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Y!Q Tags error activation in ACP
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hi Guys,

I am unable to activate Y!Q Tags, when I try to activate from ACP the screen goes blank and no message comes up but no error message is coming either just a blank new window.

Any one can help, plzSmile
That's cause the plugin aint made for MyBB 1.2.* , can you try the attached file ?
Thanks for help, I am not a programmer can you guide me how & where to use your attach file, plz
Instructions for Installation:
1) Upload the yq.php file into your /inc/plugins/ folder.
2) Activate the plugin in the AdminCP.

And i don't know how to use it =P Don't even know the meaning of that MyCode =P The only thing i know is, you need to use [yq]keyword i think =P[/yq] tags.
When I download your file it has a php script but no plug in, should I add this script to edit the previous Y!Q Tags in my inc plugins is that you are referring to, can you please clarify, sorry about that if I feel like a dumSad
Prism Wrote:When I download your file it has a php script but no plug in, should I add this script to edit the previous Y!Q Tags in my inc plugins is that you are referring to, can you please clarify, sorry about that if I feel like a dumSad

That php file is the plugin file ... i've just changed 2 lines so it will work with MyBB 1.2.*
And those are the install instructions within the package i've pasted Wink
Just upload the attached file, into your ./inc/plugins/ folder, overwrite if needed.Then go to your Plugin Manager and activate the plugin like you first tried to do, but instead of a blank page you will see a message that the plugin is succesfully activated =P
ok let me try thank you so much for your help, let me see....
Thank you so much LeX you have been great in helping me to get it activated, I have activated this plug in now and at the same time I browsed few posts to check if it does make any impact so far none, I am not sure how effective this plug in is, do you know, how it workks, so far I have not seen any yq tag picking any words or phrase from the post, any idea??

Any way thanks a million for your help, you have been great thanks a lot again.
Just tried it out, i've added this tag into a post [yq]MyBB[/yq]. When its posted, it will be clickable ... when you click on it, it opens a popup with the yahoo search results.
http://thingiej.be/mybb/showthread.php?t...d=37#pid37
Sorry LeX, I have to away from the computer, I am not sure where to add [yq]MyBB[/yq] the link you gave me needed a password, kindly if possible guide me in steps so I can understand becuase my background is not IT, so it takes me time to understand, plz help.
Pages: 1 2