MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: I found a proble about "lastpost" lenght
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
After I manually modify the subject lenght to varchar(250), the lastpost will not update, or not work.
It's not rally a good idea to change default table schema for this reason. You will probably need to change the lastpostsubject column on the mybb_forums table too.
(2022-09-29, 10:21 AM)Matt Wrote: [ -> ]It's not rally a good idea to change default table schema for this reason. You will probably need to change the lastpostsubject column on the mybb_forums table too.

i tryed to change lastpostsubject, nothing happend.

the list things i did before it gone wrong:

1. changed the subject length.
2. changed the database to utf8mb4.
3. changed the config.php with utf8mb4.

I tryed to cover all files with original package, but it didn't fixed.

but it goes well in some newlly installed forum.

i purged the cache.

and ,"lastpostsubject" is empty, seems noting writed into it.

(2022-09-29, 10:21 AM)Matt Wrote: [ -> ]It's not rally a good idea to change default table schema for this reason. You will probably need to change the lastpostsubject column on the mybb_forums table too.

I rebuilt the forum with utf8mb4, and import the data from sql file. It's fixed.

Mybe something wrong when convert utf8 to utf8mb4. it's danger to use "UTF-8 Conversion" .

I rebuilt the forum with utf8mb4, and import the data from sql file. It's fixed.

Mybe something wrong when convert utf8 to utf8mb4. it's danger to use "UTF-8 Conversion" .

Thank you for your reply!
Be aware that the length of the subject is also cut down to 25 characters via PHP hard code.

See /inc/function_forumlist.php (line 320+)
if(my_strlen($lastpost_subject) > 25)
 {
  $lastpost_subject = my_substr($lastpost_subject, 0, 25)."...";
}

[ETS]