MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Best hassle free webhost for MyBB?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I am researching starting a forum -- but being gone from the net on the production side for many years I am confused about the hosts out there and the really strange reviews I see on almost every one of them.

So, here's my question:

Which web host is better for MyBB -- and why?

I do not have a domain yet, I need one.

I will need help with the forum installation -- I am sure of that   Angel   

I appreciate any advice and heads up before I lock myself into a web host for at least a year.
(2022-10-12, 07:01 PM)moirraine Wrote: [ -> ]I am researching starting a forum -- but being gone from the net on the production side for many years I am confused about the hosts out there and the really strange reviews I see on almost every one of them.

So, here's my question:

I appreciate any advice and heads up before I lock myself into a web host for at least a year.

if you want free hosting my best recommendation is phpzilla.net
If you are serious about working, free hosting is not good at all, but It depends on your budget , you can start with shared host then you can transfer to VPS or Dedicated.

some good hosting service :

1. Go Daddy
  2. Mocha Host
  3. Host Gator
  4. Host Papa
  5. Green Geeks
  6. Fat Cow
(2022-10-12, 10:06 PM)santikun Wrote: [ -> ]
(2022-10-12, 07:01 PM)moirraine Wrote: [ -> ]I am researching starting a forum -- but being gone from the net on the production side for many years I am confused about the hosts out there and the really strange reviews I see on almost every one of them.

So, here's my question:

if you want free hosting my best recommendation is phpzilla.net

Not looking for a free ride -- and not looking to go to godaddy -- which I know from experience is just wrong, bad and worse.

(2022-10-13, 01:25 AM)Mostafa.Shiraali Wrote: [ -> ]If you are serious about working, free hosting is not good at all, but It depends on your budget , you can start with shared host then you can transfer to VPS or Dedicated.

some good hosting service :

1. Go Daddy
  2. Mocha Host
  3. Host Gator
  4. Host Papa
  5. Green Geeks
  6. Fat Cow

While I appreciate the list, I am looking for information and experineces rather than a list I can look up -- godaddy is heinous -- the only other one I even recognize is HostGator.  Not sure how good the rest of them are for MyBB.
As a general rule, I personally I wouldn't go with any company that:

a) has an animal in the name
b) is primarily a domain registrar

The only shared host I have personal experience with is Dreamhost, which still seem to have good reviews after a quick Google.
this list is only for start , you can start with any normal host, Then, according to the progress and needs of the website, choose a suitable server for your needs.
Because, for example, get the best server now with very strong hardware resources and, for example, use only 1% of the resources for a year, well, this is not logically and financially correct.

So, here's my question:

I doubt any are better than others for a MyBB forum a basic shared host would be fine, I've had a MyBB forum with MDDHosting for 11 years and would highly recommend them.

(2022-10-12, 07:01 PM)moirraine Wrote: [ -> ]I do not have a domain yet, I need one.

Again it's a bit like hosting, you will read good and bad about all but I've always used Namecheap.

(2022-10-12, 07:01 PM)moirraine Wrote: [ -> ]I will need help with the forum installation -- I am sure of that   Angel 

Some will disagree but I have never had a problem installing a MyBB forum in cPanel with Softaculous.

(2022-10-12, 07:01 PM)moirraine Wrote: [ -> ]I appreciate any advice and heads up before I lock myself into a web host for at least a year.

Try MDDHosting they give you 30 days Money Back Guarantee, install a MyBB forum and play with it for 4 weeks you will soon find out if it's what you want or not.