MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: NoSQL Database
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
hi, I suggest ,Please add the possibility to connect to NoSQL database in the next versions.(Like Mongodb)
Because now Some websites are having problems and the best solution for this problem now is to support Nosql databases.
thank you.
good luck.
bye.
What big websites are having problems? How did you come to the conclusion that the best solution is to support a completely different architecture, more so one which shared hosts don't support? Which areas of MyBB have performance issues? Did you check if any database queries could be optimized or indexes could be added? That the database server is properly configured in regards to the hardware and software stack? Have you performed any profiling?

There are forums with tens of millions of posts running MyBB just fine. That's a tiny amount of data and relational databases can handle it with no problems.
(2022-10-22, 05:53 AM)Nathan Malcolm Wrote: [ -> ]What big websites are having problems? How did you come to the conclusion that the best solution is to support a completely different architecture, more so one which shared hosts don't support? Which areas of MyBB have performance issues? Did you check if any database queries could be optimized or indexes could be added? That the database server is properly configured in regards to the hardware and software stack? Have you performed any profiling?

There are forums with tens of millions of posts running MyBB just fine. That's a tiny amount of data and relational databases can handle it with no problems.

I didn't mean that Mysql performance is bad, But when the database size exceeds 4 GB , In my opinion, for example, to maintain the quality and speed of the website, only increasing the hardware resources is not enough .
I test MS-SQL Until 35 M Record is good and MySQL until about 30 M Records (not only Read , Read/Write/execute query simple or complex).
Also I thought Mybb in Version 2.0 Try to change structure , so I suggest this , with good structure can handle SQL database and NoSQL databases. (Like wordpress and some other cms)
prevention is better than cure
As for the sample website, I can't name it because I don't know if the owner of the website is satisfied or not .

And this is just a suggestion. Maybe the writing was not correct, but I did not intend to dare to Mybb. And even though I'm a programmer and developer of another CMS like WordPress, I've always been a fan of MyBB.
Sorry if I upset anyone Heart
The thing is, nobody is going to spend their time adding support for NoSQL databases when there's no clear benefit. It won't magically make larger forums faster. We know MySQL works perfectly fine with MyBB, even with forums with tens of millions of posts. We've talked with big board owners over the years and optimized MyBB based on real world data from their forums. Adding new indexes, caching data, optimizing queries.

It sounds more like you should ask the owner of the forum you mentioned to post on here and we can figure out why his forum is being slow. I'm pretty sure the problem will be his my.cnf isn't tuned correctly.
(2022-10-24, 02:14 AM)Nathan Malcolm Wrote: [ -> ]The thing is, nobody is going to spend their time adding support for NoSQL databases when there's no clear benefit. It won't magically make larger forums faster. We know MySQL works perfectly fine with MyBB, even with forums with tens of millions of posts. We've talked with big board owners over the years and optimized MyBB based on real world data from their forums. Adding new indexes, caching data, optimizing queries.

It sounds more like you should ask the owner of the forum you mentioned to post on here and we can figure out why his forum is being slow. I'm pretty sure the problem will be his my.cnf isn't tuned correctly.

Let me ask like this , do you think mybb now with this structure can handle huge database ,for example twitter database?
yes I optimize  many website based mybb,wordpress,joomla,datalife,.... and custom script .
But I said that I should present these features in the suggestions section.

Please Delete this Thread.
(2022-10-24, 08:25 PM)Mostafa.Shiraali Wrote: [ -> ]Let me ask like this , do you think mybb now with this structure can handle huge database ,for example twitter database?

Twitter was adding 12 terabytes of data every day in 2010.

Source: https://web.archive.org/web/201010020645...ors/25809/

The largest MyBB forum, which has existed since 2006, has a database which is tens of gigabytes.

I can fit the largest MyBB forum's database on my phone. We know the largest MyBB forums run fine with the current structure.

"The real problem is that programmers have spent far too much time worrying about efficiency in the wrong places and at the wrong times; premature optimization is the root of all evil (or at least most of it) in programming." -- The Art of Computer Programming
I'm not talking about now at all,I give this suggestion for the future and the different uses that mybb can have.
yes now I optimize some quries and DB Processing Time from second changed to 600 ms .
But in your opinion, 600 μs  is not better than 600 ms?
I do not consider this case necessary for now.
Just a suggestion .
I think this suggestion is more important for now.

Sorry if my suggestion upset you, be successful and victorious, God bless you
(2022-10-22, 05:53 AM)Nathan Malcolm Wrote: [ -> ]How did you come to the conclusion that the best solution is to support a completely different architecture, more so one which shared hosts don't support?

Why are shared hosts even a factor? It's 2022. You can get a VPS for like $5 a month.
If you can't afford $5 a month to run your site, I don't think you should run one in the first place.

Aside from that, serverless databases are pretty common nowadays and mostly a better choice over self-hosted ones.
If shared hosts really are a factor, you can simply spin up a free database on MongoDB Atlas.

However, I don't think a NoSQL database would be the optimal choice for a forum since it relies a lot on relational data.
(2022-10-25, 11:30 AM)Mostafa.Shiraali Wrote: [ -> ]yes now I optimize some quries and DB Processing Time from second changed to 600 ms .
But in your opinion, 600 μs  is not better than 600 ms?

If your database processing time is 600ms and your idea to fix it is to replace MySQL with MongoDB you really need to change your way of thinking. Either you're using way too many plugins, an inefficient plugin, or your database server isn't configured appropriately. This isn't even a suggestion anymore, there's something seriously wrong with your forum and you should ask for support.

(2022-10-25, 11:30 AM)Mostafa.Shiraali Wrote: [ -> ]Sorry if my suggestion upset you, be successful and victorious, God bless you

I'm not upset. Your suggestion just isn't a good one.

(2022-10-25, 02:22 PM)Aoki Wrote: [ -> ]
(2022-10-22, 05:53 AM)Nathan Malcolm Wrote: [ -> ]How did you come to the conclusion that the best solution is to support a completely different architecture, more so one which shared hosts don't support?

Why are shared hosts even a factor? It's 2022. You can get a VPS for like $5 a month.
If you can't afford $5 a month to run your site, I don't think you should run one in the first place.

Someone who wants to create a forum about football shouldn't need to become a system administrator. Most forums run on shared hosting.