MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Errors (Illegal string offset 'forumread')
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
In my error log, I'm seeing a huge number of errors of the following kind:

<error>
<dateline>1666348801</dateline>
<script>inc/functions.php</script>
<line>2021</line>
<type>2</type>
<friendly_type>Warning</friendly_type>
<message>Illegal string offset 'forumread'</message>
<back_trace>#0  errorHandler->log_error(2, Illegal string offset 'forumread', inc/functions.php, 2021) called at [/home/.../domains/.../public_html/inc/class_error.php:189]
#1  errorHandler->error(2, Illegal string offset 'forumread', inc/functions.php, 2021, Array ([name] => forumread,[id] => 6,[value] => 1666348585  .......numerous other variables/settings.
#2  my_set_array_cookie(forumread, 6, 1666348585, -1) called at [/home/.../domains/.../public_html/inc/functions_indicators.php:255]
#3  mark_forum_read(6) called at [/home/.../domains/.../public_html/inc/functions_indicators.php:47]
#4  mark_thread_read(11813, 6) called at [/home/.../domains/.../public_html/showthread.php:669]
</back_trace>
</error>

<error>
<dateline>1666348801</dateline>
<script>inc/functions.php</script>
<line>2021</line>
<type>2</type>
<friendly_type>Warning</friendly_type>
<message>Illegal string offset 'threadread'</message>
<back_trace>#0  errorHandler->log_error(2, Illegal string offset 'threadread', inc/functions.php, 2021) called at [/home/.../domains/.../public_html/inc/class_error.php:189]
#1  errorHandler->error(2, Illegal string offset 'threadread', inc/functions.php, 2021, Array ([name] => threadread,[id] => 30640  .......numerous other variables/settings.
#2  my_set_array_cookie(threadread, 30640, 1666348621, -1) called at [/home/.../domains/.../public_html/inc/functions_indicators.php:41]
#3  mark_thread_read(30640, 6) called at [/home/.../domains/.../public_html/showthread.php:669]
</back_trace>
</error>

Has anyone experienced this before? I'm running MyBB 1.8.22 and using PHP version 7.3.33. These errors are showing up again and again and again. I'm at a loss as to what might be causing this. PHP version perhaps?
1.8.22 was released in December 2019, PHP 7.3 was released only a few days before, so there may have been some compatibility issues still. You’re significantly behind on MyBB versions so you urgently need to upgrade.
(2022-10-21, 07:02 PM)Matt Wrote: [ -> ]1.8.22 was released in December 2019, PHP 7.3 was released only a few days before, so there may have been some compatibility issues still. You’re significantly behind on MyBB versions so you urgently need to upgrade.

Thanks Matt -- I was thinking that might be the case. Do you happen to recall which version of MyBB was the last version without the drag-and-drop uploader for attachments? I'm going through the notes (and will continue searching, no worries if you don't remember off-hand) -- need to avoid that particular upgrade until I undo/modify a few template changes.