MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Some modification questions
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello,

1) I'm working on a custom version of MyBB. I was wondering, how do I change the page that you are redirect to after making a post?

2) Would it be possible to modify the MyBB code so that if a poll is already set, it would show the poll modification options on the same page?

3) How do a I add a new template group?

4) I used echo $templatename; to show a template in a new file linked to MyBB, but the template doesn't show in the page. Any idea why? It is a custom template. I added $templatelist = "templatename"; at the start of the file.

Thanks,
Five of Eight
1. What do you want to change ? A complete different layout or just some other text in the box ?

3. ACP - Templates - Add Set ?

4. you need eval();
eval("\$NAME = \"".$templates->get("TEMPLATE_NAME")."\";");
output_page($NAME); or echo $NAME;
1. I would want to send them to a page after they register to tell their friends about about the site. I'm going to be custom coding that page.

3. Ahh, that's it. Remind me not to code when I'm tired. Toungue

4. OK, thank you. Smile
Cool_Guy Wrote:1. I would want to send them to a page after they register to tell their friends about about the site. I'm going to be custom coding that page.

http://mods.mybboard.net/view/redirect-o...ster-1.0.3
OK another question. Toungue

Would it be possible to use MyBB to send a email in a custom form, or would I have to create a new script for that?

Cheers,
Matt
Cool_Guy Wrote:Would it be possible to use MyBB to send a email in a custom form
Please explain.
MrDoom Wrote:
Cool_Guy Wrote:Would it be possible to use MyBB to send a email in a custom form
Please explain.

Well, I'm adding a page that after you register, it asks you to send an email to your freinds telling them about the forum.

Edit: would it be possible that a poll would be created on the same page without refreshing the page?

Edit 2: How about a page that let's you send an email to freinds about your post?