MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: New post error using a new theme
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
My Forum Patriot Action

I downloaded the XML file in the ACP and did upload the mybb dark theme everything works except when I go to make a new post then this shows up in the post box at left edge.:

It is the New Message line that is right above the post box.

Quote:
[size=1]Smilies

[get more][/size]

Bold
Italic
Underline
Strikethrough

Align left
Center
Align right
Justify

Font Name
Font Size
Font Color
Remove Formatting

Insert a horizontal rule
Insert an image
Insert an email
Insert a link
Unlink

Insert a video
Insert an emoticon

Bullet list
Numbered list

Code
PHP
Insert a Quote

Maximize
View source

Post Options:
[size=1] Signature: include your signature. (registered users only)
 Disable Smilies: disab
[/size]

=====

I also installed the Flat Forum UB graphics but nothing shows up must have missed a step?

Here is the link to an image of the post box that shows the problem:

I have downloaded two more Themes no problems show up.
Can't see your image link because guests can't see posts.  But that theme hasn't been updated since 2014.  MyBB has changed a lot since then.  For that particular problem, I'd revert the theme codebuttons template to default.  Backing up the content first would be a good idea.

As has been said many times - using old and unmaintained themes will cause problems.  I expect the post editor to be only one of the problems you'll run across with that theme.
(2022-10-26, 09:51 AM)nixer55 Wrote: [ -> ]Can't see your image link because guests can't see posts.  But that theme hasn't been updated since 2014.  MyBB has changed a lot since then.  For that particular problem, I'd revert the theme codebuttons template to default.  Backing up the content first would be a good idea.

As has been said many times - using old and unmaintained themes will cause problems.  I expect the post editor to be only one of the problems you'll run across with that theme.

So far it is just that one problem known, and I will repost into an area for guests to see it as I didn't realize it was in Moderation forum.

Now here to see LINK

It should be fixable but don't know where to go to find it.