MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Thread update icons not clearing unless I refresh
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
So the icons that denote a new thread are staying highlighted unless I refresh the page. As soon as I refresh they clear. Any ideas?

Thanks,
John
Do you mean when you read a thread and then use the back button in your browser, the thread still shows as unread? This is normal behaviour, using the back button doesn't load the page fresh from the server, it just goes back to the previous page the browser loaded, so it won't have updated. If you're not using the back button, can you provide a URL?
your website url?
(2022-10-26, 11:20 PM)Mostafa.Shiraali Wrote: [ -> ]your website url?

scifikitbash.com

I was using the back button. FOr some reason I thought that would do it. Thanks/Sorry

John
It's a common query people have, but yeah the back button is a browser-level thing, and in most cases it won't involve any request to the server at all, unless it's specifically built to load data when you use it (for example full javascript websites might do so). Otherwise it's just going back to the already generated page your browser has saved (which is why it will be available instantly, instead of after a few seconds like with a regular page load).
(2022-10-26, 11:50 PM)Matt Wrote: [ -> ]It's a common query people have, but yeah the back button is a browser-level thing, and in most cases it won't involve any request to the server at all, unless it's specifically built to load data when you use it (for example full javascript websites might do so). Otherwise it's just going back to the already generated page your browser has saved (which is why it will be available instantly, instead of after a few seconds like with a regular page load).

It's weird though. If I'm in this tree:

Kit Scans
      Tamiya
           1/35
               Then pick any thread

If I click on Kit Scans, it still doesn't clear the icon. The only way it seems to work is if I go all the way back through the tree in reverse.