MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Does mybb have a plugin for advertisements by thread?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey,

I was browsing through the Extend Mybb section and noticed there is 1 plugin for advertisements. I also noticed another, advanced advertisements plugin, though the latter one is compatible for 1.6 version only.

Regardless of either plugins I do not see in description or the photos attached if these plugins attach a advertisement posts/zones to index pages only or can I input a different advertisement for each thread id on the forum?

Plugins I found so far:

Version 1.6
https://mods.mybb.com/view/advanced-ads-manager

Version 1.8
https://community.mybb.com/mods.php?action=view&pid=39

Does anyone know a plugin compatible with mybb where in ACP I can assign an advertisement for certain threads on the forums?
hi, With a simple trick, you can do it in any thread , define a zone for thread then put zone variable on div like this :

<div class="thrdad thrdad_{$tid}">
{$zonevr}
</div>
then in css do like this :
.thrdad{
display:none;
}
.thrdad_3
{
display:block !important;
}
3 is your thread id.

anyway if you do not want do this , if you like I can create a custom plugin with features you want (non-free).
Are there any plugins already where I can manually enter thread id in ACP and it'll automatically display the according advertisement by thread?
I've never seen an ads plugin that has settings as granular as per-thread, no.
(2022-10-29, 07:03 PM)Matt Wrote: [ -> ]I've never seen an ads plugin that has settings as granular as per-thread, no.

That's interesting. I was confused why I couldn't find the plugin. Ads have been relevant play for a while. Ofc other than it being a robust plugin, that's what the ad market demands. Complex targets and audiences.

Its much possible with the code structure. I'll do some poking around
They're relevant and popular, sure, but usually they're built to configure ad zones and positions. I can't remember anyone needing specific ads in specific threads before, so I doubt there's anything that currently has such granular configuration.
(2022-10-29, 07:59 PM)Matt Wrote: [ -> ]They're relevant and popular, sure, but usually they're built to configure ad zones and positions. I can't remember anyone needing specific ads in specific threads before, so I doubt there's anything that currently has such granular configuration.

I was able to find a plugin to achieve this.

XThreads by Zinga

Plugin allows you add custom thread field - file. Custom variables allows to add attachment expiration and other features. Just getting started on this one but excited that there's a plugin to facilitate this by each thread. 

Note to others:
You display the image (aka your ads) on the thread or write it to upload in thread creation but display in a specified zone on showthread page. Latter would mean each thread has its own custom advertisement in the area of your selection.