MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Force lassic post view on guests
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi,

I am doing some testing and have a few questions. Posts in the theme I am working on don't display properly unless the view is set to classic mode. Guests don't have access to the User CP to change this setting
  • Is there a way to force classic post view on guests?
  • Is there a way to set a single avatar for all guests should I decide to allow guest posting?
  • Is there a way to make the classic post view a default that can't be changed by anyone

Thanks in advance for any help or suggestions
For the classic view for guest, just go in ACP: Home » Board Settings » Show Thread Options and select Display posts using the classic layout in the Post Layout choice. It will be applyed to all new members as to guests.
You can remove the option to change it by modifying the usercp_options option and replace the choice with a hidden or readonly field.

For the avatar, you can modify the default avatar but it will also change the avatar for members without avatar. Other option is to have a little plugin which apply a particular avatar for guest.
Why did I not see this? Dang! Sucks to be old and blind and you look at this stuff for so long it becomes a blur! Big Grin

Thank you so much for your help! Toungue

(2022-11-02, 07:11 AM)Crazycat Wrote: [ -> ]For the classic view for guest, just go in ACP:  Home » Board Settings » Show Thread Options and select Display posts using the classic layout in the Post Layout choice. It will be applyed to all new members as to guests.
You can remove the option to change it by modifying the usercp_options option and replace the choice with a hidden or readonly field.

For the avatar, you can modify the default avatar but it will also change the avatar for members without avatar. Other option is to have a little plugin which apply a particular avatar for guest.