MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Changing CSS Codes but it's reverting to default
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
We are remodeling the website, different font colors, sizes, background colors, etc through the CSS codes.

Problem is, after a period - roughly 24 hours - the changes we've done reverse to the default, as if we never did any changes.

I'd appreciate some feedback on what could be doing that. It's a bit frustrating to put a lot of time into designing something beautiful and see it back to the way it was the day before lol

Thank you, to mostĀ of you that have more experience, for taking the time to reply,

Sol.
Where are you making the changes? They won't revert automatically by default as it doesn't store the previous version to know what to roll back to.
(2022-11-04, 05:09 PM)Matt Wrote: [ -> ]Where are you making the changes? They won't revert automatically by default as it doesn't store the previous version to know what to roll back to.

Hi Matt,

Thanks for the reply!

We're making changes in the CPanel theme files. Global CSS mainly. Could it be a setting in the CPanel that resets to default after a period of time? Or an automatic daily update?

I'm at a loss as to what is causing this to happen...

Sol.
Okay, so you need to edit them in the MyBB ACP. The files are in folder called /cache/themes/ which, as the name suggests, is a cached file. The master data is stored in the database and the files in /cache/themes/ are dynamically generated when you save the CSS. If you edit the CSS in the MyBB ACP, your changes won't get lost.
(2022-11-05, 12:01 AM)Matt Wrote: [ -> ]Okay, so you need to edit them in the MyBB ACP. The files are in folder called /cache/themes/ which, as the name suggests, is a cached file. The master data is stored in the database and the files in /cache/themes/ are dynamically generated when you save the CSS. If you edit the CSS in the MyBB ACP, your changes won't get lost.

Thanks for the head's up, Matt. I'll give it a try and get back to you with the feedback.

I appreciate your help!!!

Marc.