MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Postbit show offline status when user is online
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Hi guy's,

I am using the emerald theme and i first tried to contact him here and on his forum but he seem to be unavailable.

I test the default theme and it is also showing offline when online.

I really like the theme but i have an issue with postbit showing offline when users are online so if a kind soul can help me pin point what is wrong with his code in postbit template :

postbit template :

{$ignore_bit}
<a name="pid{$post['pid']}" id="pid{$post['pid']}"></a>
<div class="post classic {$unapproved_shade}" style="{$post_visibility}" id="post_{$post['pid']}">
<div class="post_flexible">
<div class="post_author scaleimages">
	<center><strong><span class="largetext">{$post['profilelink']}</span></strong> {$post['onlinestatus']}</center>
	{$post['useravatar']}<br>
	<div class="author_information">

<span class="smalltext">
				{$post['usertitle']}<br />
				{$post['userstars']}
				{$post['groupimage']}
			</span>
	</div>
	<div class="author_statistics">
		{$post['user_details']}
	</div>
</div>
<div class="post_content">
	<div class="post_head">
		{$post['posturl']}
		{$post['icon']}
		<span class="post_date"><i class="fa fa-clock-o"></i> {$post['postdate']} <span class="post_edit" id="edited_by_{$post['pid']}">{$post['editedmsg']}</span></span>
	{$post['subject_extra']}
	</div>
	<div class="post_body scaleimages" id="pid_{$post['pid']}">
		{$post['message']}
	</div>
	{$post['attachments']}
	{$post['signature']}
	<div class="post_meta" id="post_meta_{$post['pid']}">
		{$post['iplogged']}
	</div>
</div>
</div>
<div class="post_controls">
	<div class="postbit_buttons author_buttons float_left">
		{$post['button_email']}{$post['button_pm']}{$post['button_www']}{$post['button_find']}{$post['button_rep']}
	</div>
	<div class="postbit_buttons post_management_buttons float_right">
		{$post['button_edit']}{$post['button_quickdelete']}{$post['button_quickrestore']}{$post['button_quote']}{$post['button_multiquote']}{$post['button_report']}{$post['button_warn']}{$post['button_purgespammer']}{$post['button_reply_pm']}{$post['button_replyall_pm']}{$post['button_forward_pm']}{$post['button_delete_pm']}
	</div>
</div>
</div>

postbit offline template :

<br><span style="color:red;" title="{$lang->postbit_status_online}">{$lang->postbit_status_offline}</span>

postbit online template :

<br><span style="color:green;" href="online.php" title="{$lang->postbit_status_online}">{$lang->postbit_status_online}</span>

Regards Peter
This won't be an issue with the theme, as the online status is worked out server-side. Can we have a URL and test account?
(2022-11-05, 07:00 PM)Matt Wrote: [ -> ]This won't be an issue with the theme, as the online status is worked out server-side. Can we have a URL and test account?

Hi Matt and thank for your time here the address : https://escapingthematrix.online/

Not sure about test account, do you mean i have to make another user with admin privileges and send you the credential?

Regard Peter

OK Matt i have send you a PM with the credentials to the test account with admin privileges.

Regards Peter
Can you log out of your user and back in? The online status seems to work for me, but your user has a last activity date of 02:22 AM even as I see you browsing. I'm wondering if logging out and back in will force it to update.
(2022-11-05, 08:06 PM)Matt Wrote: [ -> ]Can you log out of your user and back in? The online status seems to work for me, but your user has a last activity date of 02:22 AM even as I see you browsing. I'm wondering if logging out and back in will force it to update.

Just logout and login back in and still showing offline status!

Matt did you change something in the config since now status show online for no apparent reason from my side?

I still have issue with the online status and this thing is happening randomly since for a moment last night the online status was displaying correctly and for no reason it went to offline even if i was log in!
Anyone guy's?

I am reading since yesterday on this issue and i still cannot found a workaround and this happen even if i use mybb default theme. Randomly my status can get update to online but it doesn't stay that way very long and revert to offline, same goes on for members of the board.

Found this thread here that could be a potential solution but i cannot find where in mybb online.php it could be applied. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

https://www.phpbb.com/customise/db/exten...pic/148941

Regards Peter
Seeing as that is for phpBB, it won't be relevant.

I can only think this is something related to your caching setup, can you disable Redis and see if that makes a difference? It's probably overkill to use Redis on a brand new forum really.
(2022-11-08, 11:31 AM)Matt Wrote: [ -> ]Seeing as that is for phpBB, it won't be relevant.

I can only think this is something related to your caching setup, can you disable Redis and see if that makes a difference? It's probably overkill to use Redis on a brand new forum really.

Hi Matt and thank for your time and patience, i know you have many people asking questions and that you guy's are doing this for free and you have all my respect for this alone.

I was thinking about reverting to default mybb cache to see if this could solved it, will give it a try later on today. I also have another idea but i am not sure if this is going to work, taking the code from user profile and replacing the one in postbit with since user profile online status is working without any issues.

[Image: KkqAJS8.jpg]
It doesn't really work like that, the template code isn't the issue, that's just displaying data loaded server-side, and that's where there's an issue. The problem is the data there is not correct either, when I looked before it kept saying 2:22am even when you were browsing, the underlying data that tracks the last activity date is what's used in the posts so that's incorrect on both. The Online status for profiles is loaded a different way.
(2022-11-08, 05:45 PM)Matt Wrote: [ -> ]It doesn't really work like that, the template code isn't the issue, that's just displaying data loaded server-side, and that's where there's an issue. The problem is the data there is not correct either, when I looked before it kept saying 2:22am even when you were browsing, the underlying data that tracks the last activity date is what's used in the posts so that's incorrect on both. The Online status for profiles is loaded a different way.

OK i see thank Matt, my last option is to try putting back mybb default cache and see if this could work but my gut feeling tell me it's not going to, will see shortly.

I have review my nginx server block and i see nothing wrong there so next i am going to look the php config to see if i see something in there.

Regards peter
Pages: 1 2 3