MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Restrict Theme Selection....
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Is there a way to restrict which member groups can change their themes?
Right now, there aren't any ways of actually restricting users from choosing themes or not. You can try denying usergroups from accessing their User CP by going to:

ACP -> Users and Groups -> Manage Groups -> "Edit Usergroup" -> Go -> Can Access User CP -> No
Cory Wrote:Right now, there aren't any ways of actually restricting users from choosing themes or not.
Does this mean that the option will be in Gold?
No. Probably not in a future version either. I dont see a point to this. If a user doesn't like the current theme, and there are other options, he/she should be allowed to change it freely. Why do you want to stop them? (and it should be an easy mod for anyone willing to make it (im too busy atm))
Because i would like to be able to offer a theme without ads that only subscribing members can select. Wink
Delete all themes and keep one (the default theme) so they wont have an alternative option Toungue
oh, thats easy and can be done a much easier way. Add a new template with your google ads called google_ads, and in global.php somewhere have something like
if($mybb['usergroup'] != "3" || $mybb['usergroup'] != "4") {   // OR whatever number of the subscribing group is
eval("\$google_ads = \"".$templates->get("google_ads")."\";");
}
then in a template add the variable $google_ads where you want them to show. It will now show google ads for everyone except the subscribing and admin groups.
When i said subscribing members I meant members who donate $. Not people that just join the board. i should have been more clear.

Thanks for that tip though. I might be able to use it for something else.
No, thats still the right code. Just change it to the number of the usergroup where people who donate are put into, or you could always use something like
if($mybb['username'] != "Admin" || $mybb['username'] != "Donator1" || $mybb['username'] != "Donator2") {  // Adding the usernames of the people who donate!
eval("\$google_ads = \"".$templates->get("google_ads")."\";");
}
Thanks again. I realized that about 4 seconds after I hit the post reply button.