MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: lost my plugin page
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
omg.  Dodgy

I don't know how this stuff works at all, everything I do breaks things!! 

I tried to install a plugin that a theme I want to use suggested (I think? Directions unclear...but I could find nothing anywhere called PROSTATS, so I went google searching and found a plugin called this) anyway, I followed the google directions for installing plugins..but the plugin did not show. So, I then deleted the files I'd uploaded for that plugin, and now my whole plugin page is blank?

I only had the hello world one in there but? Where did it go?

The steps said to upload the PHP file. And then any other folders - in my case there was an images folder and an inc folder. I uploaded both of those - and I checked them both before I deleted them again when the plugin didn't show. 

I'm so sorry in advance...none of this stuff makes any sense to me at all. I am slowly going through each folder to see what is in there, but any time I touch anything, I break it.  Sad

[Image: mybbCapture2.PNG]
First, do not search plugins with google, use https://community.mybb.com/mods.php.
To install prostats, just unzip the archive and upload every files and directories (keeping the structure as it is) to your forum root with any FTP client.

If you don't see any plugin in your ACP, it means you haven't uploaded the plugin in the good directory, the inc/plugins/prostats.php file is not on your server (and other files)
for what it's worth, it did take me to the MyBB mods site, I was just looking to see if I could find any info about MyBB and prostats and it took me to the plugins page.

I did that - unzipped and uploaded. The plugin did not show up. So I then removed the files with my FTP. And now I have a blank plugin page.

Before I touched anything, there was an uninstalled plugin listed called "hello world" that is no longer there either. I've broken the plugin page! Sad
If your actual plugin page is the screenshot you sent, it's not broken. You just removed all the plugins.
Try uploading again the content of the prostat archive directly to your forum root, then navigate (with your ftp client) to the inc/plugins/ directory and show us what is in this directory.
And show us the display of the ACP > plugins page (after the upload and refresh)
I'm really nervous that I'm just going to make things worse..

This is what my FTP plugin folder looks like currently:

[Image: mybbCapture3.PNG]

okay, I sucked it up and did it, and both plugins are now back.

Thank you for the help crazycat!
Hey hey!

So it looks like you are uploading the contents of the ProStats folder all directly into plugins which is incorrect. The structure is meant to mimic MyBB's. So the inc folder goes to MyBB's inc folder, same for images. The floatstats.php is in the base of MyBB.

Please delete the inc folder and floatstats.php in the plugins folder of your site and then reupload properly.

Attached is a screen recording to show you how. Vimeo wants me to pay $8 a month to allow others to see my videos and I'm too cheap so you'll have to watch it from my GDrive. If for some reason you can't view it let me know and I'll change the permissions again.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1yvFi8kf...share_link

I just realized the "okay, I sucked it up and did it, and both plugins are now back." Glad you got it working.

I'll leave this up though just in case someone else has the same issue lol.