MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Forum Style is broken
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello, 

I am on myBB version 1.8.22 on PHP 7.4.32. Today I noticed that my forum has lost its style setting. It is showing this (Screenshot).

As per myBB instructions I reconfirmed my Board URL settings and they all seem to be fine. However, there was no themes folder under cache folder so I have manually created it. (and made it 777) (Not sure if that is the right thing to do?)

I have switched off GZIP under myBB settings. 

I see 4 errors in browser console.  [Image: f5520fd4-130a-4457-8b7d-9eaa6e0e2f28.jpe...b6cd51f989]
I am unsure how to resolve the issue. Can you pls help me fix it? My myBB forum is available here.
Admin Cp -> Tools & Maintenance -> Cache Manager

Rebuild Cache of default_theme
(2022-11-11, 03:18 PM)Mostafa.Shiraali Wrote: [ -> ]Admin Cp -> Tools & Maintenance -> Cache Manager

Rebuild Cache of default_theme

Tried that, also tried Rebuild and Reload All option under Cache Manager but it isn't fixing the issue.
Try saving each stylesheet for the theme in the ACP. Make sure ./cache/ and ./cache/themes/ are writable by PHP, you can check this at ACP > Tools & Maintenance.
Maybe your main WP installation blocks the forum stylesheets .... in combination with WP it's better to work with sub domains than sub folders.
Friends, was able to solve the issue. For some unknown reasons my template files had got deleted under cache/themes/*.

I regenerate them again by ACP > Templates & Styles > Select theme > global.css > Save changes.

Now that it is working , I was wondering aren't 777 permissions way too unsafe for any folder?
They just need to be writable by PHP, so if your setup allows them to be set to 755 or 775 you can do that. 777 is needed on some hosts, but they just need to be writable.