MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Account has been locked out and didn't receive email
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Your account is currently locked out after failing to login 5 times. You have been sent an email with instructions on how to unlock your account.

I tried to login to my phpmyadmin and find users and search for fail login attempt option but it is not available on the database.

I have not received any email yet. Plus I forgot to setup smtp. How do I login now? Any way to fix it? I have locked myself out and unable to get in!

Thankyou in advance.
(2022-11-13, 07:13 PM)Devilshakerz Wrote: [ -> ]See https://docs.mybb.com/1.8/faq/login-prob...kout-reset

To allow more login attempts after an administrator account has been locked out, execute the following SQL query (change USER_ID to user ID of the account):

UPDATE mybb_adminoptions SET loginattempts = 0 WHERE uid = USER_ID;

I don't have console access to mysql, and only have phpmyadmin access, so isn't there a way to do so using phpmyadmin?

Also, thanks for the help!~
Manually find the record in the table and set the new field value.

Although, if you have access to phpmyadmin, if you have selected the correct database, use the SQL tab to execute the query.

[attachment=45552]

Use Simulate Query to see if a record has been found.
(2022-11-14, 05:45 PM)HLFadmin Wrote: [ -> ]Manually find the record in the table and set the new field value.

Although, if you have access to phpmyadmin, if you have selected the correct database, use the SQL tab to execute the query.

I got this message but still unable to login to the admin panel? Why!

[Image: 53f41e1d1108ae4bce7f4e348b79ab4e.png]
(2022-11-14, 05:45 PM)HLFadmin Wrote: [ -> ]Manually find the record in the table and set the new field value.

Sorry, issue fixed now. Seem like I had to clear my cache to see the effect go!
Glad it worked. Smile