MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Forum link showing "Webpage Unavailabel"
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hello! 

Please can anyone help?

My forum is down completely Here is URL  but i remember my last action on the ftp file manager was that i edited a lang.php file then  the next thing i saw was another, the forum is down.
I have a little knowlege of installing scripts that i installed MyBB with softaculous, which was a feature from my webhost.
My reasons for writing this message is just for help on how i can recover my forum back without loosing my databases and sorts and even, all files in the ftp is completed and in order. Thanks in advance
The URL seems to be http://gamersking.cf/forums/ not http://gamersking.cf/forum/, which goes to a 404.

If you were editing a language file you probably made an error with it, you'll need to reupload the file you edited from a fresh download, or fix the error in it.
Oh sorry for that sir, but i have done that but it didnt take change Sad It was a plugin lang i edited, then i deleted it and reuploaded, still no change.
In that case you'll need to look in the server error logs to see what the issue is, or ask your host if you're not sure where to find these.
In the error logs i see no logs, and even only shows error that occur in the last one hour.
Then you will need to contact your host to diagnose the issue, we have no other way of knowing what is causing a 500 error unfortunately.
Okay, but how can i make backup my databases since i cant access any page on the forum except the installer?
You can take a backup via phpMyAdmin which is in your hosting control panel, but the database isn't the issue here. I'm quite sure the file you edited just hasn't been re-uploaded correctly, if it first broke when you edited that.
My little idea is after my backups, i will clear all files and reinstall forum if that could work
You don't need to do that, it's a waste of time. All you need to do is upload the files. All the installer does is create the database tables, so if you take a backup, re-install and then import the backup, you'll have the exact sam forum you start with. If you edited a file, all you should need to do is upload a fresh copy of it, and make sure it has overwritten the current file.
Pages: 1 2