MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Forum Status Icons Not Changing
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
You guys are more than welcome to pop over to QB64 Phoenix Edition, make an account, and test things out for yourselves if you need to see what I'm talking about in action.  Wink

The icons on my forum have suddenly decided to go on strike. (These guys, below, which are normally to the left side of a forum to show its status.)

Quote:Forum Contains New Posts
Forum Contains No New Posts
Forum is Closed
Redirect Forum

Right now, I can log in and if there hasn't been any activity in a forum, the icon is clear like it should be for "Forum Contains No New Posts".

Once someone updates a topic/post inside that forum, the icon changes properly to black, so it's "Forum Contains New Posts".

At that point, it's forevermore "Forem Contains New Posts".   Read the posts.  Click the icons.  Click the "Mark all forums read" link.  Nothing changes the icon -- once it's blackened for "New Posts", it doesn't ever clear back up again.

Any idea on what might be causing this?  Or how I could fix it and get that toggle working once again?  

All thoughts and insights are more than appreciated.  Many thanks in advance.  Smile
I would, but I have no clue what the answer to the security question is supposed to be.

It seems to be okay for me as a guest, but I can see from the page response headers there's various cache headers, so you may have page caching set up which would mess with things like this.
(2022-11-17, 01:16 PM)Matt Wrote: [ -> ]I would, but I have no clue what the answer to the security question is supposed to be.

It seems to be okay for me as a guest, but I can see from the page response headers there's various cache headers, so you may have page caching set up which would mess with things like this.

Sorry about that.  Our forum is devoted to the old BASIC programming language which used to come standard with all PCs in the 80s and 90s, so the security question is one that all the old programmers know religiously, and yet it's not something which the spam bots are geared towards answering.  Wink

What command sends text to be displayed on the screen?

PRINT

From testing and disabling some of the site's plugins one at a time, it appears that either MyAlerts or MentionMe is the cause of the issue.  I can disable those two plugins (they work interactively with each other, so I'm not certain which is the actual problem.), and the issue with the status icons not changing goes away.

I'm not certain what it is in them that doesn't interact nicely with those icons, but for now, the simplest solution for us is to just disable those plugins and see if we can find something else which works in a similar manner for our needs without breaking anything.  Wink