MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: vBulletin - 3.5 (update: beta 1 is out, discuss)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6
HomeDawg Wrote:AJAX is more for the moderators/admins, and is a great feature IMO, the users wont notice that much of a difference, but the admins will love how things can be moddified and edited simpler like the AJAX video shows. This would probably send MyBB to the top if it was implemented since its the only free forum forum software out there that would have it.
I agree. Are there any plans to integrate AJAX into MyBB? I'm not programmer, but I honestly don't think it would really be all that difficult, seeing as how it appears to be a modified form of HTML.
drygnfyre Wrote:I agree. Are there any plans to integrate AJAX into MyBB? I'm not programmer, but I honestly don't think it would really be all that difficult, seeing as how it appears to be a modified form of HTML.

AJAX will be in gold. MyBB will have a plugin system kind of like the one vBulletin 3.5 will have. I can see gold pushing MyBB up to the top of the free forum software world Smile.
marcgo15 Wrote:
drygnfyre Wrote:I agree. Are there any plans to integrate AJAX into MyBB? I'm not programmer, but I honestly don't think it would really be all that difficult, seeing as how it appears to be a modified form of HTML.

AJAX will be in gold. MyBB will have a plugin system kind of like the one vBulletin 3.5 will have. I can see gold pushing MyBB up to the top of the free forum software world Smile.
That's incredible! Will it function the way it does in vB 3.5? (i.e. being able to close a topic by clicking its status icon, and vice versa, etc.)
Nothing is certain yet but both AJAX and the plugin system will be included eventually. Chris has been playing round with it (AJAX) recently and it seems to work fine.

However, keep in mind that it will go Gold PR1, Possibly Gold PR2, Then Gold! This is so other bugs can be fixed in between etc.
We're not entirely sure yet how the module/plugin system will eventually work. It's a case of finding the correct balance so as the plugins system doesn't slow down the rest of the board when lots of plugins are installed. I'm sure we'll work something out soon... Wink
k776 Wrote:However, keep in mind that it will go Gold PR1, Possibly Gold PR2, Then Gold!

What does that mean?? How will be able to download the PR1 and 2 (Whereas the beat testers already got PR1). Will that be a open beta test??? And the most important quetion is how easy the upgrate from Pr1 to PR2 to Final is (all the MODs will already get lost when we upgrate from RC4 to Gold, would be great if we don't have to implement all mods again each time). But I really looking forward gold Smile, I want to rebuild my complete site from the scratch, keep up the good work.
I've now designed the majority plugin frame work and hopefully it shouldn't slow down MyBB at all.

Only active plugin files are required on each page and if you're developing a plugin that is going to contain a lot of files, when specifying hooks you can specify a file that contains the actual code of that hook function thus reducing the overhead code included with the plugin.

Hooks are pieces of code that trap events in MyBB such as when a user has registered or when a reply has been made that will call any functions associated with that hook. There will also be filters too which will allow you to modify the contents of certain variables (such as being able to easily create your own post formatting handlers/functions instead of MyCode).
sounds waaaay cool chris Big Grin
yea sounds like it will be a very good addition to MYBB for sure, i just hope it doesnt slow up the release of GOLD tho, would be a shame to have to wait longer for GOLD as a result of adding more fetures.

Nice work tho MyBB team
Well,

beta 1 is out for the customers.

And people are flocking to the support forum to see whats going on. Toungue
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6