MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Forum navigation
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I was wondering. In phpBB you had a navigationlink above your forum topics / posts and underneath. In MyBB you only have a navigationlink between the welcome table and the table of the topic.

phpBB example of the navigationlink:
[Image: forumlinks.jpg]

Is it a easy change to also put those links ( MyBB Community Forums / MyBB / General Support / Forum navigation ) underneath the discussions list or onder the post, next to the new discussion / new answer button?? See example.
[Image: forumlinks2.jpg]

It makes the navigation through the forum a bit better in my oppinion.
PS. it's a photoshoped screeny Wink. So I did not change is, but I want to know if this is an easy change or that it's something for the idea's or next version.
Admin CP --> Templates --> Modify / Delete --> *expand your template set* --> Show Thread Templates --> showthread.

Find:
{$threadexbox}
Before that, add:
<navigation>
code navigation?
i tried, but not right i think.
gamequeen88 Wrote:code navigation?

Please follow the steps as DennisTT has pointed out. To make it simpler for you:
- In your Admin CP go to the Templates menu on the left frame menu
- Click on modify/delete
- Expand the template set you are currently using (Mybb default for example)
- Expand the Show Thread Templates
- Edit the showthread Template and search for this code {$threadexbox}
- Before it add this code: <navigation>
- Update template

If you are using more than one template set, do the same with each one.

Regards
@DennisTT: Thanks. That did the trick. In a topic the link is located ok now. I would loved it next to the 2 buttons, but its ok. In the topic overvieuw thought the link is showed "under" the bar were you have the rate option / moderator options. I would like it on the same hight as the New Thread button (nieuw toppic) (see screen) or one line beneath. I've tried noumerous files, but couldn't find where to edit it.

[Image: forumlinks3.jpg]
Uh, never mind. I found the right files and started editing.

Edited: forumdisplay_threadlist. Added the navigation twice (top and botum)
Edited: header .. deleted the navigation link
You shouldn't delete the <navigation> from the header, or else there will be no navigation on any other page.
Yea, found that out, and it's a hell of a job to put the navigation in each part seperately. Lost of work, so I restord the header. But I'm happy with the overall result now. I've added the navigation in the forumdisplay_threadlist and the showthread file (like you said) and it works perfectly.
maatty Wrote:
gamequeen88 Wrote:code navigation?

Please follow the steps as DennisTT has pointed out. To make it simpler for you:
- In your Admin CP go to the Templates menu on the left frame menu
- Click on modify/delete
- Expand the template set you are currently using (Mybb default for example)
- Expand the Show Thread Templates
- Edit the showthread Template and search for this code {$threadexbox}
- Before it add this code: <navigation>
- Update template

If you are using more than one template set, do the same with each one.

Regards

well, i think i did.
but

ok, let me try again
If you have done the above things succesfully and your not 100% happy with the placing, you can fool a bit around with it. I did that too till I thought the placing was 100% ok.
Pages: 1 2